LDS Labs

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.
McDanielCA

LDS Labs

Post by McDanielCA »

LDS Labs Overview

LDS Labs is a testing environment for the Church’s most recent Internet offerings. The site helps developers and project stakeholders gather feedback on proposed products as well as new feature possibilities for existing products.

Features in development may be put in the Labs environment allowing approved users to preview and give feedback. Some features may move to a broader beta phase after successful testing in Labs.

LDS Account

LDS Account is a single user name and password for any person who interacts with online LDS Church resources.

To obtain an LDS Account, visit the Register for an LDS Account page. Members of the Church will need their membership record number (MRN) and birth date. If you are temple endowed, you can find your MRN on your recommend. Otherwise, ask your ward or branch clerk for your Individual Ordinance Summary.

Currently access to LDS Labs is limited to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

If you are a member of the Church and you don’t know your membership information do not sign up as a non-member; only members who sign up with their MRN will be granted access to Labs. If you mistakenly signed up as a non-member, you can sign into LDS Account and click on the Membership tab and enter your MRN and birth date.

Request an LDS Labs Account

NOTE: Due to overwhelming demand we are not taking any more requests for access to LDS Labs at this time.
todrobbins

Post by todrobbins »

I can't think of another church, and many massive organizations, that offer the kind of information and resources that the Church does for its members. The new ward directory and LDS Maps Beta are brilliant. I know the Maps Beta is a beta, but it's a wonderful tool (having played with it for 10 minutes or so). I found out we have multiple branches in Cyprus! That's what I'm reading about in Acts right now. Just fabulous.

Thank you everybody!
jamiecking76
Location: North Augusta, SC, United States (North Augusta Ward)

Post by jamiecking76 »

McDanielCA wrote:Request an LDS Labs Account

NOTE: Due to overwhelming demand we are not taking any more requests for access to LDS Labs at this time.

Aww....gee whiz. Nice try...I sent a request but I guess I was denied. lol

Jamie
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

n.augusta.wardtech wrote:Aww....gee whiz. Nice try...I sent a request but I guess I was denied. lol

Jamie
Well, it may take a day or two for the reply. Also, you are right that they could have reached their quota as well.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

I modified the article a few days ago but you may not have seen it:
jamiecking76
Location: North Augusta, SC, United States (North Augusta Ward)

Post by jamiecking76 »

McDanielCA wrote:I modified the article a few days ago but you may not have seen it:
Actually, I had posted that after I sent my request in. And I had posted that before you made that change. Something told me you all were getting a little overwhelmed with those requests...and not to be surprised if I didn't hear back.

It's ok...No worries.

Jamie
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Thanks for your understanding.
edwardlalone

LDS Beta Scriptures

Post by edwardlalone »

What is happening with the LDS Beta Scriptures. I found a link to http://beta.scriptures.lds.org and it asked me for a login and I tried my LDS account login but wasn't able to access it. Is this something new that the Church is going to beta test soon :)

If it is I want to be able to beta test it so I would like to be informed when it is ready for beta testing. :D

I forgot to mention that I found the link on LDS Labs.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Edward Lalone wrote:What is happening with the LDS Beta Scriptures. I found a link to http://beta.scriptures.lds.org and it asked me for a login and I tried my LDS account login but wasn't able to access it. Is this something new that the Church is going to beta test soon :)

If it is I want to be able to beta test it so I would like to be informed when it is ready for beta testing.
The online scriptures have gone through a couple of beta tests in the past. As I understand it, the beta site is made public during those tests, and then access is removed when they are not in any sort of public testing phase (which is the case right now).

I have no idea when another such test cycle will begin, but they have typically been posted on this forum, so watch for an announcement. An even better way to stay on top of this would be to set a watch on the wiki page Online Scriptures Beta Testing; that way you will receive an e-mail when that page changes, which should happen as another beta test gets underway.

A couple of threads from the past may give you a feel for what has been done in those previous test cycles:
edwardlalone

Post by edwardlalone »

Thanks. That makes sense and the link on LDS Labs is probably just to test the LDS Labs "LDS.org Home Page" feature to make sure everything works. :) It still had me excited that they were going to do another beta test soon. :eek:

By the way just so you know I think the LDS Labs is awesome and I really like the Ward Calendar, Ward Directory and Notebook features but I have sent feedback about the inability to highlight and tag specific words and sentences instead of entire paragraphs.

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”