Trouble loading photos

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

Trouble loading photos

Post by zaneclark »

I have loaded dozens of photos to the Membership Directory in the past but now when I click on "submit", the "loading" sign appears for a few seconds, then quits and the photo is not loaded. I have tried to make sure the photos are small enough and I have rebooted and changed web browsers but the problem remains. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My only suggestion is to wait until normal business hours and try again. If it's still out, call clerk support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

zaneclark wrote:I have loaded dozens of photos to the Membership Directory in the past but now when I click on "submit", the "loading" sign appears for a few seconds, then quits and the photo is not loaded. I have tried to make sure the photos are small enough and I have rebooted and changed web browsers but the problem remains. Any ideas?
I would go back and be SURE that you have the photos the correct size.
The warning message that the photo is too large is easy to miss. Make sure also that you don't mix up the width & height settings (ie; get them switched) as that will also cause the photo to be rejected.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Techgy wrote:I would go back and be SURE that you have the photos the correct size.
The warning message that the photo is too large is easy to miss. Make sure also that you don't mix up the width & height settings (ie; get them switched) as that will also cause the photo to be rejected.
I made one the size of a postage stamp and it still wouldn't work, so I made one much larger than the recommended size and there was no warning..... I'll try again in the morning and then call clerk support if it won't load..... BTW, what is the number for clerk support?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

zaneclark wrote:i made one the size of a postage stamp and it still wouldn't work, so i made one much larger than the recommended size and there was no warning..... I'll try again in the morning and then call clerk support if it won't load..... Btw, what is the number for clerk support?
(801) 240-3500
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If that is a toll call for you, you can use 1 (800) 453-3860 x23500
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

zaneclark wrote:I made one the size of a postage stamp and it still wouldn't work, so I made one much larger than the recommended size and there was no warning..... I'll try again in the morning and then call clerk support if it won't load..... BTW, what is the number for clerk support?
It would appear that you are correct. I already had an image on my own membership entry in the unit web site. I saved that image to the hard-drive then attempted to re-load it. Nothing I attempted would work and no error messages were observed. It would appear to me that there is indeed a problem.

Edit: I reported this to MLS support and they said that it would appear to be a bug.
ShirtsDre

Bug confirmed, Resolved.

Post by ShirtsDre »

This has been confirmed as a bug, is resolved and will be released shortly.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:This has been confirmed as a bug, is resolved and will be released shortly.
Thanks for the confirmation. Please post a follow-up when the correction has been posted.:D
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:This has been confirmed as a bug, is resolved and will be released shortly.
Has there been a problem in getting this released? I have about 20 photos I have taken during tithing settlement I would like to upload.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”