Who do I ask for access to help administer the LUWS?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
coloradotechie-p40

Who do I ask for access to help administer the LUWS?

Post by coloradotechie-p40 »

So, the ward clerk and bishop were happy to give me access to edit membership information ( http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4036 ), but it seems that MLS doesn't update the leadership directory on the LUWS.

How do you update the leadership directory on the LUWS? I guess you have to be an administrator? Who grants administrator/edit privileges?

Thanks~!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

coloradotechie wrote:So, the ward clerk and bishop were happy to give me access to edit membership information ( http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4036 ), but it seems that MLS doesn't update the leadership directory on the LUWS.
That's right. Many of us hope that that will change someday, but for now, the MLS and LUWS leadership directories are entirely separate.
coloradotechie wrote:How do you update the leadership directory on the LUWS? I guess you have to be an administrator? Who grants administrator/edit privileges?
The ward website administrator can update the LUWS leadership directory. He can also assign additional ward website administrators. If there is no ward website administrator, the stake website administrator can give someone those permissions.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Alan_Brown wrote:The ward website administrator can update the LUWS leadership directory. He can also assign additional ward website administrators. If there is no ward website administrator, the stake website administrator can give someone those permissions.
Again, if your ward doesn't have one and you're motivated enough to want to take that on, talk to you bishop and see if they will make you a ward website administrator as well!
coloradotechie-p40

Thanks for the info... I think there is a ward website admin... but our ward doesn't really use the website (there is nothing in the lesson schedules, no calendar items, and the leadership directory is out-of-date).

My last ward was the opposite: every organization needed to update the calendar and have everything right so ward members could know what was going on if they happened to miss church one Sunday.

I think right now I just want people to have accurate contact information...If we don't have a ward website admin I don't mind updating the leadership directory (but I don't plan on updating calendar items, lesson schedules, and everything else)...

If we do have a website admin, I suppose it would probably be best if I just asked that person to update the leadership directory.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The LUWS can have more than one web administrator. However, there is only one designated to receive "e-mail notifications of submissions". You can find out who that is by first clicking the "Feedback" link and then click the "AAAA Ward administrators(s)" link on the Feedback message pop-up. The same applies for the stake web site.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
coloradotechie-p40

tricky... that sure is handy! Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:The LUWS can have more than one web administrator.
In fact we're encouraged to have two to cover for when someone is on vacation, etc.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”