MLS 3.1.0 Beta 8 Available

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
MorettiDP

MLS 3.1.0 Beta 8 Available

Post by MorettiDP »

MLS 3.1.0 Beta 8 is now available for download at http://mls.lds.org and at beta program units by "send/receive".

Download and test you too!!! :D
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

This is correct. You can download the beta at mls.lds.org. You might want to make sure that if you install it, that your stake president is aware that it is a beta. It will be patched to beta units this weekend and to everyone else very soon. Read the release notes, and if you have questions post them here and I will see if I can address them. The big items will be a backend transmission system change, personal email and cell phone number capabilities (the household information will stay the same and some reports will not show this information until the next release), and a small change to the quarterly report for the first quarter.

Thanks to all those who are willing to help test.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Don't forget the MLS message warning everyone to print out hard copies of all secondary phone numbers, as they will be lost in the upgrade. Don't install until you are prepared to compensate for the data loss.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

Right...thanks Mike...
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

MLS 3.1 official release are now available at http://mls.lds.org.
Our area offices sent an e-mail with informations that the new version will be downloaded by today with Send/Receive MLS command.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

MLS 3.1 downloaded to my ward today. WOW send/receive has been revolutionized. Still a little kinks to work out with the individual phone/email in reports. Maybe there could be some customization so you could view them in a single column or multiple columns our could choose one, the other, or both.
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

It downloaded here also...After the required reboot it's been "Loading resources" at about 90% for 15-20 minutes. Is this normal, or indicative of a potential problem?
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

PNMarkW2 wrote:It downloaded here also...After the required reboot it's been "Loading resources" at about 90% for 15-20 minutes. Is this normal, or indicative of a potential problem?
Ours only did "Loading Resources" for about 30 seconds at most. We do have over 1 GB of RAM, but still it should have completed that process in a fairly small amount of time. In fact, I noticed that nothing regarding database conversion/migration happens until the first person logs in.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote: I noticed that nothing regarding database conversion/migration happens until the first person logs in.
That's always been the case. Note that a single installation of MLS can have multiple units, and the unit is not identified until someone logs in, so that's why the unit's database is not upgraded until someone logs into that unit.
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

Just to complete my post...it never did get past the "Loading Resources" message. After waiting a couple more minutes I rebooted again and things started up much better and I was able to log in.
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”