Donations show as sent, not cleared

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rparker

Donations show as sent, not cleared

Post by rparker »

In checking through various financial reports yesterday as part of Tithing Settlement preparations, I checked the "View/Update Donations" report from the Finances block of MLS. It shows all of our donation batches since General Conference as "Sent", though all batches prior to conference show as "Cleared".

Checked my personal finance records, and all of my donation checks have cleared the bank.

Anyone else seeing similar? What needs to happen for our donation batches to move from "Sent" to "Cleared"?

Rick Parker
Ward Clerk in San Antonio, TX
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RickParker wrote:In checking through various financial reports yesterday as part of Tithing Settlement preparations, I checked the "View/Update Donations" report from the Finances block of MLS. It shows all of our donation batches since General Conference as "Sent", though all batches prior to conference show as "Cleared".

Checked my personal finance records, and all of my donation checks have cleared the bank.

Anyone else seeing similar? What needs to happen for our donation batches to move from "Sent" to "Cleared"?
"Cleared" means that the donation batch has been checked off manually in MLS during the process of Reconciliation. So it appears that you have done the September reconciliation, but you have not yet done the October reconciliation. Once you have reconciled October, all the October deposits will move from "Sent" to "Cleared."
rparker

Thanks for the explanation!

Post by rparker »

Thank you for the quick reply! My attempts to search for an explanation directly on various sources was coming up empty (this forum, clerk's wiki, clerk's troubleshooting guide).

Again, thank you for the clarification.

Rick Parker
Ward Clerk in San Antonio, TX
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RickParker wrote: My attempts to search for an explanation directly on various sources was coming up empty (this forum, clerk's wiki, clerk's troubleshooting guide).

Inspired by your question, I added a new section called Effects of reconciliation to the Reconciliation article on the wiki.

Hopefully that should help people looking for this information. A search on the wiki for "sent cleared status" yields two hits, one of which is the Reconciliation article which contains the information.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”