LDSTech Talk 2009 Now Available

The latest forum news and information
McDanielCA

LDSTech Talk 2009 Now Available

Post by McDanielCA »

The 2009 LDSTech Talk, held on September 17, is now available for streaming in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Click on the link to begin a stream.

We welcome your comments and feedback in the forum and by e-mail This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

We welcome your comments and feedback in the forum and by e-mail.

LDSTech Talk 2009

English
Portuguese
Spanish
LDSTech Talk 2008
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

English 2009 downloads are 183 bytes each.

Post by rmrichesjr »

When I attempt to download the English 2009 files, each is only 183 bytes. Attempts to download or view the files in Ref1 of the files get what appears to be the same 183 byte file. Attempts to access the URL in the Ref2 lines yield a blank browser window.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

rmrichesjr wrote:When I attempt to download the English 2009 files, each is only 183 bytes. Attempts to download or view the files in Ref1 of the files get what appears to be the same 183 byte file. Attempts to access the URL in the Ref2 lines yield a blank browser window.
Apparently they are streams and not downloads?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

mkmurray wrote:Apparently they are streams and not downloads?
That appeared to be the case when I watched the English stream earlier today.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

I was able to download it earlier. Maybe it was because I am on the network.

In addition, this content had to be removed. Please accept my apologies first for the delay and second for the removal. I mistakenly believed that the downloads were approved when in actuality they need one more stamp of approval.

I will put them back up the minute they are ready.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Alright. This is the minute, please stream and enjoy! (See the first post in this thread)
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

English files still won't download or play for me.

Each of the files contains a two-entry play list. With wget, the first entry in each file downloads the same content as the original file. The second entry in each file is a private 10.*.*.* IP address.

Attempting to play them with mplayer, each produces an error message that the player could not load a Win32 DLL, avisynth.dll.

It would be helpful if the files/streams could be made available in a multi-platform format, especially since the original broadcast was in a format that is limited in which OSes can view it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rmrichesjr wrote:English files still won't download or play for me.
I understand and agree with your request for broader platform support.

But I do need to mention that the videos do view just fine on Windows, lest anyone think they didn't work at all.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

Alan_Brown wrote:I understand and agree with your request for broader platform support.

But I do need to mention that the videos do view just fine on Windows, lest anyone think they didn't work at all.
The files are streaming fine here too.

Request for "broader platform support" seems a generalised statement.

The files are available as wmv and mp4 streams which seems to be consistent with the format the church support for conference downloads.

I must admit I assumed mp4 files can be played on both Windows, Linux and Mac with the download of a player.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Partial success, audio only.

Post by rmrichesjr »

There is something different between the conference archives and the Tech Talk. Each URL in the conference archives saves a media file of the indicated type (.mp3, .mp4, or .wmv) that plays directly. Each of the English links for the 2009 Tech Talk saves a text file 183 bytes in size. The reference URLs have a protocol of HTTP and .asf suffix. I have dealt successfully with .asf files before, but there appears to be something odd here. Running mplayer on those files yields an error message that avisynth.dll could not be loaded. Yesterday, everything I had tried yielded either the 183-byte text file or the avisynth.dll error message. (I'm on Linux, and I never encounter an error message about avisynth.dll with content from other sources.)

For audio only, as of this morning, running mplayer on the first reference URL (.asf suffix) works. I'm sure I had tried that, but perhaps that is one angle I had not tried. Anyway, whether I had just not tried that angle, or whether something had been fixed, thank you for making this available.

The video formats still fail. Running mplayer on the first reference URL for MP4 yields the following:
Server returned 404:Not Found
Running mplayer on the first reference URL for WMV yields an steady stream of the following, as if it's downloading the 183 bytes of text, picking the first reference URL, using that URL to download the 183 bytes of text, etc.:
Playing http://stream.lds.org/ICS/Tech%20Talk/T ... WMExt=.asf.
Resolving stream.lds.org for AF_INET...
Connecting to server stream.lds.org[216.49.176.71]: 80...
Cache size set to 320 KBytes

Return to “Announcements & Policies”