November Ensign Magazine with missing pages

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

November Ensign Magazine with missing pages

Post by kennethjorgensen »

I don’t how many people (or countries) are affected by this but the Ensign magazine we received today (for November 2009) has pages 41-48 & 81-88 printed twice and pages 49-56 & 73-80 missing.

It is obviously a printing problem since the online PDF version is ok.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I just checked my copy and there are no such page problems. I don't know if the Church uses different printers for distribution in other parts of the world but since my US copy is fine and your UK copy is not I would suspect the printer that has distribution for your area is the problem.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Church prints Ensign only at the USA. The Liahona is printed at Germany for all Europe and parts of Africa and Asia (at European Distribution Limited, a church owned company).
In Brazil we have our prints by commercial companies under Church supervision. It's the same for Latin America where some materials are printed in comercial companies in Argentina (more recent years) and Paraguay (in past years).
I believe another print is available in Japan, but I don't know if it's a Church company or comercial companies services purchase.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

jdlessley wrote:I just checked my copy and there are no such page problems. I don't know if the Church uses different printers for distribution in other parts of the world but since my US copy is fine and your UK copy is not I would suspect the printer that has distribution for your area is the problem.
It could just be a bad batch as well, and not necessarily all from one printing location could have the issue. My wife recently got one of the Undaunted books at Deseret Book and it had the same issue. I doubt it's a widespread problem, but probably an isolated incident at just one printing location for only a few printed batches.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

From the description, it looks like the wrong signature dropped into the sort order for that copy and the one that was missing should have been where the missing one is.

Usually it's like two copies involved of a given item, from your description, someone else got two with your missing pages and none of what you got doubles of.

Common print facility issue, but not so common that everyone sees it all the time. The only time I've run across it was about 20 years ago when I got a 150-page or so classical music CD catalog and it had about the same type of issue in a similar manner to what you describe. One quick call to the company that produced the catalog, and a fresh one without the problem was on its way to me.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dkjorgi wrote:. . . the Ensign magazine we received today (for November 2009) has pages 41-48 & 81-88 printed twice and pages 49-56 & 73-80 missing.
The Distribution Center will send you a good copy if you ask. Ours did not have this problem.

Return to “General Discussions”