Windows Mobile 6.5: Ward Tools or Scriptures?

chadke-p40

Windows Mobile 6.5: Ward Tools or Scriptures?

Post by chadke-p40 »

I've just acquried a new Windows Phone (Verizon's HTC Imagio). It works like a charm (very iPhone like!).

I installed Ward Tools, what a nice tool! However, the one thing that isn't working is the ability to touch scroll through the ward list. It doesn't seem to let me scroll down beyond one page without losing lines from the list. Anyone have it successfully working?

Also, I'm trying to find a scripture app that runs on WIndows Mobile 6.5. Anyone have any suggestions?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

chadke wrote:Also, I'm trying to find a scripture app that runs on WIndows Mobile 6.5. Anyone have any suggestions?
Have patience with this one and you will get what you are looking for. ;)
chadke-p40

Post by chadke-p40 »

That sounds promising. :)

I'm always game to beta-test something like that should it be necessary.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

chadke wrote:I've just acquried a new Windows Phone (Verizon's HTC Imagio). It works like a charm (very iPhone like!).

I installed Ward Tools, what a nice tool! However, the one thing that isn't working is the ability to touch scroll through the ward list. It doesn't seem to let me scroll down beyond one page without losing lines from the list. Anyone have it successfully working?

Also, I'm trying to find a scripture app that runs on WIndows Mobile 6.5. Anyone have any suggestions?
I suggest you put this question to the Ward Tools discussion group. (http://groups.google.com/group/wardtools/) There are now about 300 participantsand at least one of them might be able to help you. I have learned a lot of good stuff from the discussions on the group.
nerdherd-p40

Post by nerdherd-p40 »

chadke wrote:I've just acquried a new Windows Phone (Verizon's HTC Imagio). It works like a charm (very iPhone like!).

Congrats! The Imagio is a great. I tried it out at the Verizon store and was very impressed! The 480x800 resolution makes the display look VERY nice and the touch responsiveness is the best I've seen on a Windows Mobile device. Anyway, if you just need something that works, I recommend Yanceyware. You can get all the scriptures for it and it works fine. It's just not very finger friendly...but from the sounds of it (at least based on what mkmurray said) that will be remedied soon enough!
root-p40

Post by root-p40 »

For scriptures, you can use MarkMyScriptures, or the plucker reader. There are more listed at http://lds.org/handheld/0,18493,5299-1,00.html.
danfranklin-p40

Post by danfranklin-p40 »

mkmurray wrote:Have patience with this one and you will get what you are looking for. ;)
I had heard that the church is working on an official release for mobile scriptures. Is there a thread following this or is there any update/details on this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

danfranklin wrote:I had heard that the church is working on an official release for mobile scriptures. Is there a thread following this or is there any update/details on this?
The wiki contains information on the two such projects:
If you are interested specifically in the Windows Mobile platform (the topic of this thread), I would simply note that the iPhone Scriptures Application page does mention that "Concepts, code, and ideas learned with the iPhone application will be leveraged for other platforms, such as the Android, Blackberry, and other platforms."
danfranklin-p40

Post by danfranklin-p40 »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm looking for one to go on my new windows mobile phone, but in looking for a up to date one with functionality similar to the iPhone, I stumbled across a few posts mentioning the church was working on one and because of that they have stopped developing it. I was looking more for a Scripture Application not just a reader. It's unfortunate for me that the iPhone is the more popular device recently and in turn I will have to wait for something to come out for Windows Mobile 6.5 (hopefully something that will take advantage of the new functionality). :)
awilbourn-p40

Post by awilbourn-p40 »

I have enjoyed Yanceyware for scriptures and other manuals. I just installed it in an emulator for 6.5, so I think it will work. Emulators work different than the real thing, so can't make any promises.

http://www.yanceyware.com/products/reader_download.htm

Return to “Mobile Applications”