member added to Course 16 when sending for records

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dbezzant

member added to Course 16 when sending for records

Post by dbezzant »

Using MLS 3.0.3. Sending a members records to CHQ, when they are returned they are put into the Course 16 along with their other course. This has been happening for a while. Anyone else seen this? How do I report a bug like this?

Brother B.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dbezzant wrote:Using MLS 3.0.3. Sending a members records to CHQ, when they are returned they are put into the Course 16 along with their other course. This has been happening for a while. Anyone else seen this? How do I report a bug like this?

This has happened to many wards when they don't have the correct rules associated with the class. Before I would consider it a bug, I would make sure that the rules are correct. See the wiki article Classes to find out how to see the current rules and to change the rules if they are incorrect. (For Course 16, the default values of minimum age is 16, the maximum age is 17, the sex is Male or Female.)

I'd also check the age of the member to make sure it is correct. But if indeed the class rules are correct, and the age of the member is correct and does not match the class rules, then you should report it as a bug. You can report it by contacting Local Unit Support by any of the means listed.
dbezzant

Post by dbezzant »

Thanks Alan, I am new to MLS and how all it works, still getting used to it :). I will look at how the report is generated, I bet that is where it is if no one else has had this problem.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”