MLS Messaging - Custom Folders

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mkmurray

MLS Messaging - Custom Folders

Post by mkmurray »

I have not noticed this until just now. But apparently you can create custom folders in the MLS messaging view window in which to organize and archive any way you want the various MLS messages we receive.

Has this feature been there since the redesign of MLS messaging a number of months ago? I remember thinking it would be nice back then and I remember it not being there. Is this an enhancement that snuck in, flying under the radar?

Thanks for any input from the Community.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

I think it was put in the MLS 3.0 release.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:I have not noticed this until just now. But apparently you can create custom folders in the MLS messaging view window in which to organize and archive any way you want the various MLS messages we receive.

Has this feature been there since the redesign of MLS messaging a number of months ago? I remember thinking it would be nice back then and I remember it not being there. Is this an enhancement that snuck in, flying under the radar?
It wasn't flying under the radar -- it was prominently mentioned in the MLS 3.0 Release Notes:
Messaging system. The MLS messaging system has been reorganized into four folders: Received, Sent, Archived, and Deleted, allowing the clerk to organize messages. The Archived folder allows important messages to be filed while urgent messages remain more visible. The Deleted folder holds messages until they are permanently deleted by the user, allowing the clerk to retrieve deleted messages if necessary. These folders can be opened from the main screen of the messaging system. Messages can be dragged into these folders. Another new feature is the ability to preview messages on the screen without opening them.
The release notes for subsequent 3.0.x releases have still included all the original 3.0 release notes as well, so you certainly have it documented on any computer with MLS 3.0.x installed.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”