LDS Assistant

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
Mr. M-p40

LDS.org Search Toolbar

Post by Mr. M-p40 »

I have a toolbar I use that I built a while back that is similar to a Google search toolbar but it searches the lds.org site. I have recently updated it since the church has updated their site. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback on it. I think that it would be helpful to some people. It also has many of the pertinent official LDS sites built right into it.

Anyway, it has to do with technology and the church. I won't post the name even though its a freebie as to not accidentally violate the code of conduct but, maybe its something the church would like to do in the future.

Thanks,

Mr. M
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Mr. M wrote:I won't post the name even though its a freebie as to not accidentally violate the code of conduct but, maybe its something the church would like to do in the future.
If it is a freebie, post a link! We want people to share their free and/or open source projects with others. What is against the rules is for people to advertise products for sell on these forums.

Tom
Mr. M-p40

LDSAssistant

Post by Mr. M-p40 »

That's great...

It is a freebie...http://www.ldsassistant.com. I hope everyone enjoys it.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

tomw wrote:If it is a freebie, post a link! We want people to share their free and/or open source projects with others. What is against the rules is for people to advertise products for sell on these forums.

Tom
When I went to install this toolbar today, McAfee anti-virus stopped the install with a complaint of an adware program embedded into it and trying to install on my system.

I'll not be putting this one in despite the claims on their website of no adware.

Skip

From McAfee
"Details
Name: Adware-Softomate"
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Best course of action is to notify the company that McAfee is reporting there toolbar as spyware. I could just be a false positive (McAfee is famous for that and that is the reason why most software you install asks first that you turn off your virus protection first) but just to be sure e-mail the company first.
This goes for any software that is reported as adware. The major problem with software that has auto-updates is that most adware programs report them as adware because the auto-update feature connects to a single website.
- David
Mr. M-p40

Post by Mr. M-p40 »

avskip wrote:When I went to install this toolbar today, McAfee anti-virus stopped the install with a complaint of an adware program embedded into it and trying to install on my system.

I'll not be putting this one in despite the claims on their website of no adware.

Skip

From McAfee
"Details
Name: Adware-Softomate"

it is definitely a false positive due to the auto-update. I am the person who built it. I just built a genealogy toolbar that I have disabled the autoupdate and made it manual to try and avoid the problem. But I am seeing what I can do to rectify it.

Thanks for the feedback though.
Mr. M
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit me virtually anytime. ;)

http://www.mariohipol.com
Stephan-p40

Post by Stephan-p40 »

I had similar problems with toolbar building. was using a software that had loads of features to make cool toolbars however some people misused them and created spyware adware toolbars and now all of the toolbars get detected as spyware adware even if they don't use those features.

Return to “Links & Resources”