Quarterly Report Issue

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Stockton2-p40

Quarterly Report Issue

Post by Stockton2-p40 »

I noticed when I did my quarterly report that my primary attendance was 100%. Upon further investigation I found that I had at least 6, and possibly more, primary age members that were on the church rolls, but not counted as primary members. I have tried to reset their organization without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Stockton2 wrote:I noticed when I did my quarterly report that my primary attendance was 100%. Upon further investigation I found that I had at least 6, and possibly more, primary age members that were on the church rolls, but not counted as primary members. I have tried to reset their organization without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?
There are two categories that people might have a tendency to count for Primary attendance, but are not to be counted for the Quarterly Report:
  1. Children who have turned 12 as of the last day of the reporting quarter, who still attend a Primary class during the Sunday School hour.
  2. Members of record who have turned 9, but have not been baptized.
Is there any chance that you have Primary children in either of these categories?
Stockton2-p40

Post by Stockton2-p40 »

Two of the 6 fall into the second category. I'll have to check on the others. Can, or should, I even worry about fixing it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Stockton2 wrote:Two of the 6 fall into the second category. I'll have to check on the others. Can, or should, I even worry about fixing it?
You certainly can fix it -- just update the Primary attendance number on the Quarterly Report and then on the next Send/Receive, the updated numbers will be sent to the Church and also to the stake.

Should you fix it? For 6 overcounted Primary children in 2009Q3, you will get some amount of Budget allowance in 2010Q1 that wasn't really appropriate. That might be somewhere around $20. Obviously that won't matter much in the big scheme of things. Personally, I'd fix it, since I like accuracy. It's easy to fix, so why not?
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

Stockton2 wrote:I noticed when I did my quarterly report that my primary attendance was 100%. Upon further investigation I found that I had at least 6, and possibly more, primary age members that were on the church rolls, but not counted as primary members. I have tried to reset their organization without success. Any ideas on how to fix this?
This sounds too familiar. Could you be experiencing what is described here and here?
pbhanney

Post by pbhanney »

I have found that, especially in Primary, there are people that are not baptized members and therefor are not on the Quarterly Report. They will show up on the rolls because they are in the system, however I guess we are not technically "responsible" to report them on the Quarterly Report.

For instance, we had a boy that was baptized four years ago in a different ward and stake. For some odd reason the baptism was not recorded. The boy was on our records and showed up on the Primary rolls, but when I went to find him on the Quarterly Report rolls he was not there. Now that we have corrected the clerk error he is now showing up on our Quarterly Reports.

This is why I always ask for names of people that haven't shown up from the Auxiliaries and not just numbers. I then double-check the list and adjust the numbers accordingly. I wish there were a system where secretaries could go online and mark whether a person showed up or not every week so that we could really know how many people were showing up and not. But, I guess that is the school teacher in me that likes to keep track of attendance.

Return to “Membership Help”