Atom Processors in FHC

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mesmith

Atom Processors in FHC

Post by mesmith »

Has anyone else experimented with Atom processor computers in the FHC?

I acquired a Fit-PC1 for $199 (this included WinXP Pro) a few months back. The advantages of being fanless and low heat have really made an impact on the patrons and consultants. We have NOT had a single complaint about performance. This model is discontinued, but we are looking replacing all seven of the FHC computers with a similar low-powered, fanless computer. I was wondering what experiences others may have had.
Sincerely,
Marion Smith
Ward Executive Secretary
Nampa 27th Ward
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ubuntuFan wrote:Has anyone else experimented with Adam processor computers in the FHC?

Are you referring to the Intel Atom processor?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Not in an FHC environment, but I built an Atom processor based PC up for my dad (similar to THIS one) to surf the I'net and calculate his golf handicaps. So far, it has worked out really well for him. He loves the small size and very meager power requirements. It's plenty fast for doing those kinds of tasks.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mesmith

Post by mesmith »

Yes. That is what i mean. Thanks.
Alan_Brown wrote:Are you referring to the Intel Atom processor?
Sincerely,
Marion Smith
Ward Executive Secretary
Nampa 27th Ward

Return to “General Discussions”