customized rolls

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
dvhale-p40

customized rolls

Post by dvhale-p40 »

The Bishop wants to track which families are coming to Sacraament mtg, and I thought that it would be easy get a roll sheet that has family names as class members instead of having to print roll sheets for the classes in various organizations. Is it possible to customize a roll sheet like that? I haven't been able to see that kind of option on MLS.

Dave H
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dvhale wrote:The Bishop wants to track which families are coming to Sacrament mtg, and I thought that it would be easy get a roll sheet that has family names as class members instead of having to print roll sheets for the classes in various organizations. Is it possible to customize a roll sheet like that? I haven't been able to see that kind of option on MLS.
MLS can only print class rolls for actual organizations and classes within those organizations. There is no MLS organization that consists of families, so this can't be done using the Print Rolls and Lists feature of MLS.

You could create a custom Sunday School class and add only the heads of households into that class, but the process of adding all the HoH's would be very tedious, and difficult to maintain. But if you did that, you could then print a class roll for that class using the Print Rolls and Lists feature.

If I were doing this, I would create a custom report that lists all the households (just set the criteria to include only "Household Position -- is -- Head of Household" and include the field "Head of Household and Spouse"). Then paste that list into a spreadsheet and create a roll from that. If you're comfortable with spreadsheet use, that could easily be done in less than 10 minutes.

Return to “General Discussions”