Email Broadcast Mystery

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

Email Broadcast Mystery

Post by zaneclark »

I am the stake administrator and I frequently use the email broadcast feature to send notes to either the whole stake or different segments of the stake and ward. Tonight I wanted to send a note to some of the wards to check on the names they had listed as administrators. I know that anyone listed as a stake administrator is also listed in each ward as an administrator but when I sent a note to the seperate ward administrators, sometimes the stake people would be listed as those to receive the note and sometimes not. Sometimes there was only one stake person listed and another time a different stake person. This is not a big deal, but I am curious about this. Any ideas?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I know that anyone listed as a stake administrator is also listed in each ward as an administrator but when I sent a note to the seperate ward administrators, sometimes the stake people would be listed as those to receive the note and sometimes not. Sometimes there was only one stake person listed and another time a different stake person. This is not a big deal, but I am curious about this. Any ideas?
Stake administrators may not always be listed as ward administrators. When a person is added as a stake administrator, then they are automatically added as an administrator of each ward. But after that point, any ward administrator can delete any other ward administrator -- and that includes those stake administrator(s). The only restriction is that no administrator can delete himself.

So it appears that some of your ward administrators (which might include another stake administrator, depending on how many you have) have been deleting some stake administrators as ward administrators.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:Stake administrators may not always be listed as ward administrators. When a person is added as a stake administrator, then they are automatically added as an administrator of each ward. But after that point, any ward administrator can delete any other ward administrator -- and that includes those stake administrator(s). The only restriction is that no administrator can delete himself.

So it appears that some of your ward administrators (which might include another stake administrator, depending on how many you have) have been deleting some stake administrators as ward administrators.
Thank you for solving this little mystery.... I am guessing then that when a ward admin deletes a stake admin, they are only deleted from that ward....
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Thank you for solving this little mystery.... I am guessing then that when a ward admin deletes a stake admin, they are only deleted from that ward....
That's correct. A ward admin only has control over his own ward's site -- none of the other wards or the stake. So the only effect he can have on a stake admin is to remove him from that one ward as an administrator.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”