Disciplinary Council

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
mklobaas

Disciplinary Council

Post by mklobaas »

Brethren,

I saw the online Disciplinary Council report.

1. Is the report submitted online or is it still mailed in?

2. If the report is submitted online, how does the stake president sign off?

3. If it is submitted online, can the clerk do it?

Thanks,

Michael Klobas
jmessinger

Post by jmessinger »

The actual disciplinary council report is still submitted via mail. The electronic version in MLS allows you to retrieve all the required membership information for the individual who is the subject of the council, and auto populate the appropriate fields on the report. You can also type up the complete report on the second page (especially useful if your hand writing isn't too flash, like mine) :D

The hard copy is still signed by the stake president, and then mailed to your Area office/Service Centre/CHQ as appropriate.
trevorbundy-p40

Invitation Letter to Disciplinary Council

Post by trevorbundy-p40 »

I am looking for a letter to invite a member to a disciplinary council...but am not sure where to look. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

trevorbundy wrote:I am looking for a letter to invite a member to a disciplinary council...but am not sure where to look. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor
The Church Handbook is very clear on what is required to be in such a letter. In our ward, we include the explicitly worded phrases and other key points required by the Handbook, with very little else in addition. Check Book 1, the chapter on Church Discipline (can't remember the chapter number at the moment...perhaps it was 6 or 9?).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mkmurray wrote:The Church Handbook is very clear on what is required to be in such a letter.
Section 10. Page 113 of the CHI will tell you exactly what to put (and not put) in the written notice of a disciplinary council to be signed by the presiding officer. It will also tell you how the notice is to be delivered to the member.
dltayman

Post by dltayman »

As a High Priest (and member of the High Council), I was asked to stand in for the absent Clerk in a ward disciplinary council. I was presented with the relevant information in the Handbook, but do not have available the Report of Church Disciplinary Action form. Is there a way I could access a scanned/digital version of it in order to prepare my report? Thanks in advance.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”