Lesson 44 out of order for remainder of 2009?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Michael_Newman

Lesson 44 out of order for remainder of 2009?

Post by Michael_Newman »

Is Lesson 44 out of order for remainder of 2009?

I could not find the Priesthood & Relief Society Lesson Schedule for 2009 online. All I have is a printed schedule handed to me last January for the year 2009.

In my copy, it shows the following:

[INDENT][INDENT]September
06 Elders Quorum Presidency Message
13 TPTC - Chapter 41
20 TPTC - Chapter 42
27 Ensign May '09 Lesson

October
04 General Conference
11 TPTC - Chapter 43
18 Stake Conference
25 Ensign May '09 Lesson

November
01 Elders Quorum Presidency Message
08 TPTC - Chapter 45
15 TPTC - Chapter 46
22 Ensign Nov '09 Lesson
29 Priesthood & RS Combined

December
06 Elders Quorum Presidency Message
13 TPTC - Chapter 47
20 TPTC - Chapter 44
27 Ensign Nov '09 Lesson[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Question:
[list=1]
[*]Is your Priesthood & Relief Society Lesson Schedule for 2009 the same as ours? If so, why is that?

[*]If not, then I assume it was changed by our stake or branch. (Too early in the morning to call them)[/list]

Michael
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Our lesson 44 is in the correct order in our stake.

Perhaps it is because you have a stake conference that would have been on the Sunday where lesson 44 would normally go (and thus your stake leaders decided to revisit the lesson at the end of the year). Or since the title of the lesson is "The Restoration of All Things: The Dispensation of the Fulness of Times," perhaps your Stake leaders felt it would be a good last topic of the year.

Just some thoughts, but I would doubt it's an oversight by your stake leaders, but probably a conscious decision.
ajames

Post by ajames »

My Stake is having lesson 44 taught between lessons 43 and 45.

From my understanding, it is at the discretion of the stake leadership what order lessons are taught in (including what is taught for Teachings for our Time). I would suggest you contact your local leadership with any questions for why they are having lesson 44 taught after 45-47.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The stake sets the schedule for the 2nd and 3rd Sunday lessons in priesthood and Relief Society meetings. The stake may also assign the topic for the 4th Sunday, but the stake is also allowed to delegate that decision to the bishops, and many decide to do so.

As to why your stake decided to schedule lesson 44 out of order this year, I would not know. There are more lessons than Sundays, however, and some decisions have to be made in this regard.

All of the scheduling guidelines are available in the Instructions for Curriculum 2010.

Return to “General Discussions”