Ward Leadership Report problem

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tbarron-p40

Ward Leadership Report problem

Post by tbarron-p40 »

I'm having a problem with printing the ward leadership report via our stake MLS. A new ward was created about two months ago, and their listings under each category (Bishopric, High Priests, Elders, Relief Society, Young Men, Young Women, Sunday School, Primary, Miscellaneous) have duplicate (blank) entries. It makes for a long and ugly report.

For example, after listing the correct eq pres leaders, it lists the same positions again (as if there were a second quorum) but without any data. I've seen this correctly done when we've had two quorums in a ward, but this is happening in all organizations for this ward.

I've looked at the ward's MLS and don't see any similar problems with their reports.

Thanks in advance.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tbarron wrote:I'm having a problem with printing the ward leadership report via our stake MLS. A new ward was created about two months ago, and their listings under each category (Bishopric, High Priests, Elders, Relief Society, Young Men, Young Women, Sunday School, Primary, Miscellaneous) have duplicate (blank) entries. It makes for a long and ugly report.
I've never seen anything quite like that, but here are a couple of things you might look into:
  1. In the System Options > Unit > Wards/Branches area, is the new ward listed only once?
  2. In other places such as Stake Quarterly Report, does the new ward show up only once?
  3. The ward leadership report will print 4 wards across, then another 4 wards, etc. Did this ward take you from 8 to 9 or from 12 to 13 wards? That would create a new block of entries within each organization. It still doesn't sound like it's working right, but that could possibly be a factor.
  4. Following up on the previous item, when the duplicate entries appear, do they look like an additional ward (in which case the ward name would appear again in a column header for each organization), or is the height of the row containing that ward essentially doubled?
  5. Have you done a Request Unit Refresh Data for that ward?
tbarron-p40

Post by tbarron-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote:
  1. In the System Options > Unit > Wards/Branches area, is the new ward listed only once?
  2. In other places such as Stake Quarterly Report, does the new ward show up only once?
  3. The ward leadership report will print 4 wards across, then another 4 wards, etc. Did this ward take you from 8 to 9 or from 12 to 13 wards? That would create a new block of entries within each organization. It still doesn't sound like it's working right, but that could possibly be a factor.
  4. Following up on the previous item, when the duplicate entries appear, do they look like an additional ward (in which case the ward name would appear again in a column header for each organization), or is the height of the row containing that ward essentially doubled?
  5. Have you done a Request Unit Refresh Data for that ward?

1. The new ward is only listed once.
2. It only shows up once in Stake Quarterly Report and all other reports appear normal
3. This is our 9th ward, so a new block is required in the report. I have changed the order of the wards in MLS and the problem consistently follows this new ward.
4. The height of the row in the block that contains this ward is doubled. It looks just like there should be a second quorum/group for every organization.
5. I just requested refresh data for that unit in the stake MLS, and will check again tomorrow. I will advise if that fixes it or not.

Thanks!
tbarron-p40

Post by tbarron-p40 »

I've been racking my brain for any significant difference between this ward and the others; all I can find is that it has a 7-digit unit number vs. 6 for the others, but that hardly seems material.
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

This has been a known issue with MLS 3.0, if there is no change after the Unit Refresh comes back it may be time to contact Clerk Support.
Caleb

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”