New Members put into Course 16 class

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dbezzant

New Members put into Course 16 class

Post by dbezzant »

I am not sure when this happened, may be an old bug, we just found this today when printing rolls.

When we printed the Course 16 roll we had a great number of members listed ranging from age 0 to 55+. In looking at who should not belong in the class, we noticed these where new move-ins or baby blessings or baptisms. These members where also added to the correct class, so where showing in 2 Sunday School Courses. We are using the latest beta, which I believe is version 3.03. These move-ins where entered into the system on a previous version.

Wanted to report this if it is a problem no one else has seen. I will also keep an eye on it to see if it happens again when we receive new move-ins.

David
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dbezzant wrote:When we printed the Course 16 roll we had a great number of members listed ranging from age 0 to 55+. In looking at who should not belong in the class, we noticed these where new move-ins or baby blessings or baptisms. These members where also added to the correct class, so where showing in 2 Sunday School Courses. We are using the latest beta, which I believe is version 3.03. These move-ins where entered into the system on a previous version.
The first thing to check is the rules for your Course 16 class. Is it the original class installed with MLS, or has someone changed it somewhere along the way?

To check the rules for the class:
  1. Go to Organizations > Sunday School
  2. Down in the Classes section, click on the blue link for "Course 16"
  3. The rules should be: Minimum age = 16; Maximum = 17; Sex = Male or Female.
If the rules are anything other than that, particularly if the class has no minimum or maximum age, then that explains why people are being added to the class as they move into the ward -- anyone who matches the class rules will be added to the class.

To correct such a problem, change the class rules as described in the Rules section of the wiki article Classes.

On the other hand, if the rules are correct, but people who don't fit the rules are being added automatically anyway, then it does sound like a bug. In this case, I would bet that following the steps listed in the Rules section of the wiki article Classes for changing class rules would fix the problem anyway (but in this case, you should report the problem to Local Unit Support, in addition to working around the problem).
dbezzant

Post by dbezzant »

Thanks for the information. I will check the rules, I am new to mls and did not know we could change the rules on the default classes. I will check it out and report back.

David
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dbezzant wrote:Thanks for the information. I will check the rules, I am new to mls and did not know we could change the rules on the default classes. I will check it out and report back.
You can't actually change the rules on the default classes (or actually on any classes once they are created). But someone along the line may have created a new class with different rules with the same name as the default class.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”