Scriptures in PDF. A Possibility?

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
dltayman

Scriptures in PDF. A Possibility?

Post by dltayman »

While a majority of the currently used Church Manuals are available in PDF, the scriptures are not. While the Scriptures CD-ROM is great, I would prefer to have a PDF.

Has anything been said concerning this possibility?
GrasseDD

pdf scriptures

Post by GrasseDD »

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Good find!

I am curious how you found those links. Even though I was armed with the actual links, I couldn't find those PDFs (at least not in a few minutes of searching).
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

For those with login access to ldsces.org you can find them under:

Teacher Resources
Curriculum and Materials
The Scriptures
PDF—English
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dkjorgi wrote:I think that is probably because you need login access to the site to find them.

As painful as it was, because of the file size, I just clicked on the links and, after the documents loaded, I saved them.
matthewmidgley

Post by matthewmidgley »

I was just browsing the gospel library today under the PDF section looking for the new gospel principles manual and saw the following at the top:

SCRIPTURES Image Holy Bible
Triple Combination

I couldn't believe it! I really wanted these on my mission and I can't remember exactly why now but there they are.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

themidge wrote:I was just browsing the gospel library today under the PDF section looking for the new gospel principles manual and saw the following at the top:

SCRIPTURES Holy Bible
Triple Combination
Thanks for sharing those links. They are on this page, in case anyone has difficulty finding them.

The contents seems to be the same as the links that are in the protected area of ldsces.org that was referenced earlier in this thread, but of course these are publicly available.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

Alan_Brown wrote:Thanks for sharing those links. They are on this page, in case anyone has difficulty finding them.

The contents seems to be the same as the links that are in the protected area of ldsces.org that was referenced earlier in this thread, but of course these are publicly available.
I did suggest to duanegrasse for him to contact the church to encourage them to make these available to the public so maybe it was his effort that made it possible. Nicely done.
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

having page layout is a wonderful resource -- as a longtime tablet user i've been waiting for it for years...and this is easy to print to onenote where it is a searchable image that can easily be highlighted and notes can easily be added...

but what about active links for the footnotes?
and where did the topical guide go?

any chance that these could be added (since they are already available in the online html version) and made available?

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”