LUWS not sync addresses

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
matthewbneal

LUWS not sync addresses

Post by matthewbneal »

I have been editing and updating addresses for several members when they have moved within our ward or I get a correction after the record arrives. For some reason, the change has not happened on the LUWS, but it does change in MLS. Any reason it is not getting picked up when I send/receive changes? Phone numbers do get changed, but addresses no.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

matthewbneal wrote:I have been editing and updating addresses for several members when they have moved within our ward or I get a correction after the record arrives. For some reason, the change has not happened on the LUWS, but it does change in MLS. Any reason it is not getting picked up when I send/receive changes? Phone numbers do get changed, but addresses no.
I would think the phone number would update at the same time as the household address. The mailing address is not synchronized with LUWS, so make sure you are dealing with the household address, not the mailing address.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

matthewbneal wrote:Phone numbers do get changed, but addresses no.
If you change them both at the same time in MLS, the phone number and the address should update at the same time in LUWS. If one is changing but not the other, and you updated them both in MLS, there is a bug. You may want to provide an example of one that did not change through LUWS feedback.
matthewbneal

Post by matthewbneal »

I advised the website administrator through the "feedback" but I'm not sure he will be able to fix this. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

matthewbneal wrote:I advised the website administrator through the "feedback" but I'm not sure he will be able to fix this. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
He can run it up the flagpole, though. In the meantime, it would help if someone else has noticed the same problem and mentions it here.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”