How to Change Shipping Address

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
jeromer7

How to Change Shipping Address

Post by jeromer7 »

Logged on to the LDS Catalog site and found my way to the E-Way store so I could order toner for a the stake HP MFP. Did not find a link to "verify your Ship-To Information" as suggested in "On-Line Toner, Drum, and Paper Ordering Instructions" file located in a thread in the FAQs for Local Unit Copier Program area.

Went ahead and created the order, but during checkout, the shipping address was for a former stake president and the field was not editable.

Please provide instructions for updating the shipping address for the E-Way site.
JLR
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

JLRose wrote:Logged on to the LDS Catalog site and found my way to the E-Way store so I could order toner for a the stake HP MFP. Did not find a link to "verify your Ship-To Information" as suggested in "On-Line Toner, Drum, and Paper Ordering Instructions" file located in a thread in the FAQs for Local Unit Copier Program area.

Went ahead and created the order, but during checkout, the shipping address was for a former stake president and the field was not editable.

Please provide instructions for updating the shipping address for the E-Way site.
I would recommend that you call the distribution center and explain the situation. Their phone number should be on their site. This would be much quicker than looking for a resolution here in the forum.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

JLRose wrote: Went ahead and created the order, but during checkout, the shipping address was for a former stake president and the field was not editable.

Out of curiosity, how long ago was the new stake president sustained, and how was that change entered into Church systems?

Your problem reminds me of the situation we experienced getting our bishop's address changed. The address change eventually propagated to the office-supply vendor's system and some other external shipping systems, but it took a very long time. We missed some important deliveries.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

JLRose wrote:Went ahead and created the order, but during checkout, the shipping address was for a former stake president and the field was not editable.
I'm pretty sure it's not editable to prevent abuse. However, the charge is still going to show up and a watchful clerk will still notice a purchase and track down who ordered what.

That being said, I'll add the obvious that the online form is not editable at all. I've looked, too. However, I have been able to call in and get them to ship to addresses other than the default. So in the meantime while you wait for the address to update, you can try this approach. Following up on boomerbubba's comment, sounds like you have a lag between leadership changes and updating in the E-way database.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

boomerbubba wrote:Out of curiosity, how long ago was the new stake president sustained, and how was that change entered into Church systems?
Sorry, should have provided this relevant piece of information in my original post. It will be four years on Nov 13, 2009. The change was delivered to SLC by the presiding General Authority.
crislapi wrote:However, I have been able to call in and get them to ship to addresses other than the default.
Yes, I realize I can call in the order, but the on-line form would also be a convenient method to order...if the shipping address was correct.

Sure would be nice if it could be done on-line, since someone having the unit password should be a trusted individual to place orders. Even on a normal catalog order you can specify a shipping address other than the unit leader. That would allow the toner (or other items ordered) to come directly to me rather than have to pass through my stake president.

Guess the next step is make the call and see if the kind person who fills the order can also update the address.
JLR
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

JLRose wrote:Yes, I realize I can call in the order, but the on-line form would also be a convenient method to order...if the shipping address was correct.
Is there a reason you can't use the ship-to address feature of the LDSCatalog site? We had a Bishop change a month ago, and our old Bishop is still listed as the active Bishop, but he moved and his house is empty right now. So the last few orders I've had shipped elsewhere.
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

JLRose wrote:Guess the next step is make the call and see if the kind person who fills the order can also update the address.
A couple years ago when my bishop was pretty new I was making a stationary order and they had his name wrong. The distribution center wasn't able to make the change but they gave me a number to call (I forget what department it was). I called the number and they had his name correct already but they said they would push the name through to the distribution center. A day or two later I tried making the order again and they had the correct name.

So I'd try calling the distribution center. They probably won't be able to make the change but they should be able to refer you to who can.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JLRose wrote:It will be four years on Nov 13, 2009. The change was delivered to SLC by the presiding General Authority.

I assume the change is in CDOL. If it is, call the Distribution Center and ask them to push it through to the vendor. Either they will do it, or they will refer you to someone who will.
petersboro-p40

Post by petersboro-p40 »

I too have a similar problem. As a new district clerk I need to order some addressed envelopes. I found a user name and password and logged on but the billing info is not correct. I was not able to edit it.
Our account has not been used for a long time.
Do I need to create a new account for my unit? If so how?
Anyone have an contact email of someone who can help straighten it out? We are in Japan and its difficult to call.
One more thing. I went to shop for addressed envelopes and ended up on some staples website (who had the wrong billing info) and could not find any envelopes that I could order with a district (stake) address preprinted on them.
Anyone know the best place to get them from?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

petersboro wrote:Do I need to create a new account for my unit? If so how?
Anyone have an contact email of someone who can help straighten it out? We are in Japan and its difficult to call.
You definitely don't need to create a new account. There is already an existing account, so you just need to fix the address. But I don't know if that account will service a district in Japan.

The Contact Us page of ldscatalog.com gives the address ldscatalog@ldschurch.org, which I assume you can use for any such inquiries.
petersboro wrote: One more thing. I went to shop for addressed envelopes and ended up on some staples website (who had the wrong billing info) and could not find any envelopes that I could order with a district (stake) address preprinted on them.
Anyone know the best place to get them from?
At least in the US/Canada, you do not order unit envelopes from Staples. Rather, they are ordered using the Church Stationery Order form, which is processed by Distribution Services. In Japan, I have no idea how it is done, but I would guess that you should contact your area distribution services -- wherever you get your various manuals and other supplies.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”