Cant stream conference live

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
leocrawf-p40

Cant stream conference live

Post by leocrawf-p40 »

I have never been able to stream conference live. when i go on the site it just stand there stuck. Any ideas why this is happening. i have tried all compatible browsers which are ie, firefox. I am using windowws xp, sp3.
"...men are that they might have joy!"
Lehi
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

leocrawf wrote:I have never been able to stream conference live. when i go on the site it just stand there stuck. Any ideas why this is happening. i have tried all compatible browsers which are ie, firefox. I am using windowws xp, sp3.
Have you updated to the latest Flash version as well as the latest MoveNetwork version?

The only PC I cannot get to work is the one with Windows 7 RC on it.
KenRichins

Steaming Conference on Win 7 and ie8

Post by KenRichins »

I have a RTM copy of win7 ( Ultimate version, 64bit with only 4 Gb RAm ) and ie8 have NO problems streaming conference! Works better then anything I've used in the past.:):D
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

Woohoo! This is the *first* time that general conference has properly streamed throughout an entire session. I've used my computer to access it for about a decade now. No change in my ISP, type of connection, computer, or software since before the April 2008 session. I'm just glad that it finally worked!

It would be nice if both of my computers were in sync, though. Walking from one room to another is weird because the timing of the audio differs. (Not complaining, just commenting.)
wrigjef

Mac problem

Post by wrigjef »

I am running the new Snow Leopard operating system with Safari. When I click on the live stream on lds.org I get a message saying I need Quicktime player. I have Quicktime player. any ideas?
namrog-p40

Post by namrog-p40 »

i had the same problem. go to this link and download the .dmg file and install manually. should do the trick. http://www.movenetworks.com/install-move-player
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Guess my computer is in worse shape then yours. I do not see the instructions mentioned on this site or anything in the framed box.
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

Okay, I guess yesterday was a fluke for me. Today, the English site just said "loading", but nothing happened.

That said, it occurred to me that most ASL productions do not turn off the sound. We're now able to watch it through that link. Meanwhile, my college student who is studying to become an ASL interpreter can get some extra practice & pick up some new vocabulary. Not all bad, eh?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Have you tried using http://www.byu.tv
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

scion wrote:Okay, I guess yesterday was a fluke for me. Today, the English site just said "loading", but nothing happened.
My experience is similar to yours. The Saturday sessions were fine with only occasional issues such as hesitations in the video and audio and some pixilation (which usually occurred just before or after the video hesitations). Today there were significant problems. At first I received the pre-conference stream fine. But after conference began the troubles began. The video frequently was halting and the audio was frequently out of sync with the video. The entire stream stopped for prolonged periods of time (between 30 seconds to 8 minutes). I did not even get the first 18 minutes of the Sunday morning session. The longest period of streaming without any problems was about 22 minutes.

When I lost the stream in the morning session I tried the Windows Media player instead of the Move player. After 11 seconds I got a server error for that.

All-in-all the experience was quite disappointing.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”