List of MLS Feature Requests

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
daddy-o-p40

List of MLS Feature Requests

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

I have been submitting feature request emails to salt lake for years. Since the unveiling of MLS I have submitted them via its internal messaging solution per the instructions of membership support.

Once in a great while a feature gets snuck into the software updates.

Is there a way to see the list of feature requests that have been compiled? If so, is there a way to vote on them to elevate their ward level significance to the development team? :rolleyes:
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

enriquer wrote:Is there a way to see the list of feature requests that have been compiled?
The purpose of this web site is for us (the Church) to be more open with our development process and to share more information with you. This will take a while for us to get all departments and groups on board but I am dedicated to making this happen.
enriquer wrote: If so, is there a way to vote on them to elevate their ward level significance to the development team? :rolleyes:
I highly doubt that there will be much "voting" of features since the Church does not run by popular vote. However there could be some exceptions of course.

Tom
rick.winterton

Feature request for stake

Post by rick.winterton »

Melchizedek priesthood ordinations are normally initiated by the wards, but handled by the stake. As a stake clerk, I have to ask the units to enter the priesthood ordinations since there's no way for me to enter that data in the stake computer. I would like to suggest that a way be devised for the information to be entered at the stake level and pushed back toward the wards. This would simplify the process and undoubtedly lead to fewer errors.

One thing that I look for is "endowed priests" -- people who were ordained to the office of elder and then endowed, but the ordination was never recorded at the ward level. In my opinion, this would greatly decrease the probability that something like this would happen.

Rick
liver9-p40

List of idems

Post by liver9-p40 »

tomw wrote:I highly doubt that there will be much "voting" of features since the Church does not run by popular vote. However there could be some exceptions of course.

Tom
Ok. but is there a list. Of some kind that we can see what is importent? But, FYI would it not help to see what is most needed to those that are on the front lines inputting the information.

thanks
Paul
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

liver9 wrote:Ok. but is there a list. Of some kind that we can see what is importent? But, FYI would it not help to see what is most needed to those that are on the front lines inputting the information.

thanks
Paul
I'll ask around if there is a list we can publish.

Tom
faireskind

Post by faireskind »

I know that we can't really vote, but I think that it would be a great addition to be allow the stake to enter Melchizedek Priesthood ordinations. For years there has been a communication problem between the stake, which is responsible for performing the ordinance, and the ward which is responsible for keeping the person's membership record up-to-date.

To me, it is equivalent to allowing temples to record endowment and sealing information on the membership record. If we were to have the recording of temple ordinances work the same way as the recording of Melchizedek Priesthood ordinances, then the temples would have to contact the member's ward and have them record the information. That would really be a mess. The temple ordinance information would likely be much more inconsistent and error-prone if it worked that way - somewhat the same as the recording of Melchizedek Priesthood ordinances.

I don't know a whole lot about how MLS works, but it seems like this platform is much closer than what we had before to allowing such a thing. We ought to be able to make that work.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Thank you faireskind for your suggestion. This suggestion has been proposed many times before and I believe the church is looking into this.

Tom along with a FAQ could we get a Fequently Made Requests?
- David
Daryl1

Stake Presidency Request

Post by Daryl1 »

A few months ago we had a large Stake meeting with our local Mission area leader. We went over the importance of the new member reports because no one has been keeping it current Churchwide.

We have since worked out a system with our ward mission leader to be able to get the information every Sunday and then update the new memeber report weekly. The ward misson leader does not have access rights to the new member report thus a clerk has to enter and update the report. We are now doing this.

The Stake asked if I could pass on a request to please consider adding this important feature to the new member report. The request to consider in a future MLS version is to add a place to track the Temple Prep Lessions all seven of them in the new memeber report. Just like you fill in for the new member lessons currently.

Thank you.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:Tom along with a FAQ could we get a Fequently Made Requests?
It would be nice to have some way to quantify the requests, and allow people to hit a counter so that we could see which features have the largest demands. I would need to talk with the MSR department in order to determine if that is something that they would find useful.

Tom
Daryl1

Post by Daryl1 »

Sunday I was asked to request adding this feature to MLS.

Under Bishopric/Other Callings box add Missionaries right under Bishopric then have Sunday School, Primary then add a More link then move the Boy Scouts to this new page and box with the other callings link.

This would be very useful and helpful if there is room in the system and code to make this change and expansion to the MLS software.

Having a Missionary organization, one can then have a place for the Ward Mission Leader, Ward Missionaries, a place to finally put the Missionaries serving full time missions from the ward unit and a place for the full time missionaries assigned to ward.

Then a link can be created to link full time missionaries serving from a ward unit to the officers sustained print out for Ward Conferences and the officers sustained print out for Stake Conferences. A summary page can also then be added to the Stake MLS software so that a Stake can then print out a summary report of the missionaries serving in the stake for each unit.

This is just a rough idea and some thoughts and suggestions. I am sure something like this is in the works and has been thought of for the next version of MLS.

Having the other callings link has been very good. We have then been able to create all of the other organizations and other callings that were missing. Such as Ward Activities, Ward Music, Ward Building Representative, and many others etc...

This would be a very nice improvement to MLS. Please consider this addition. Since the Ward Mission Leader and Missionary work is an important organization under the direction of the Bishopric.

Good idea?:) or No?:( Any problems not seen in adding this to MLS?

Thank you.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”