Meeting times not syncing with MLS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
mitch_feaster-p40

Meeting times not syncing with MLS

Post by mitch_feaster-p40 »

I apologize if this question has already been asked but I couldn't find it anywhere... Our unit web site has old meeting times on it and it isn't syncing up with what we have in MLS (the correct times). All the units in our stake are having this same problem.

Thanks!

Mitchel Humpherys
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mitch_feaster wrote:I apologize if this question has already been asked but I couldn't find it anywhere... Our unit web site has old meeting times on it and it isn't syncing up with what we have in MLS (the correct times). All the units in our stake are having this same problem.

Thanks!

Mitchel Humpherys
This is likely not your problem, but when our ward changed times, we add additional times beside what is there by default. For instance...
Sacrament Meeting: 1:00 p.m. - 2:10 p.m.
Primary: 2:20 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sunday School: 2:20 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Priesthood, Relief Society, Youth: 3:10 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
These are times that had to be updated manually because only these two following lines are the automatic ones that propogate over from MLS:
First meeting start time - 1:00 p.m.
Sacrament start time - 1:00 p.m.
The fix was just to change the manually created lines via the Admin login (green screens) of LUWS (Local Unit Ward Websites).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mitch_feaster wrote:Our unit web site has old meeting times on it and it isn't syncing up with what we have in MLS (the correct times). All the units in our stake are having this same problem.
When did you change times? None of our September meeting time changes have processed yet, and they were sent via MLS several weeks ago.

If you do have extra times at your LUWS, as mkmurray indicated, and they are the ones that have not changed, the LUWS admin can fix them.

But the main Sacrament and First Meeting times do have to change via MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mitch_feaster wrote:I apologize if this question has already been asked but I couldn't find it anywhere... Our unit web site has old meeting times on it and it isn't syncing up with what we have in MLS (the correct times). All the units in our stake are having this same problem.
When did your ward's meeting time change? Was it just in the last month (perhaps because you are a student ward), or was it way back in January?

In any case, as you follow the instructions from the wiki at Edit meeting times, you should make sure you set the reminder date to sometime in the future (next August if you change every September; this December if you change in January). It can take a couple of weeks (or sometimes even a month or more) for the change to propagate from MLS to LUWS.
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

You also need to make sure that the correct meeting times show in the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders. Your stake clerk or bishop can login and check the page for your ward. If they are updated in MLS correctly as Alan has outlined, then contact Local Unit Support for a solution.
Caleb
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

CzechRM wrote:You also need to make sure that the correct meeting times show in the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders.

Does this (normally) happen automatically?
iamrkh

Post by iamrkh »

Can someone explain why the synchronization process can take several weeks to a month or more? (My ward also changed meeting times this month, and I followed the appropriate procedure for changing the time using MLS.)
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

lajackson wrote:Does this (normally) happen automatically?
It should, if the times are entered in MLS correctly with the proper future date. If this is wrong, contact Local Unit Support.
Caleb
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

iamrkh wrote:Can someone explain why the synchronization process can take several weeks to a month or more? (My ward also changed meeting times this month, and I followed the appropriate procedure for changing the time using MLS.)
There have been some syncing issues with the times. Most clerks make the mistake of entering the same date that they changed the times and not a future date (i.e. Jan 1, 2010). This information should be populated in CDOL within a matter of about 24 hours. The Local Unit Website, however, updates every Thursday with info from MLS. So, this could take up to 2 weeks depending on where the request is made in the cycle.
Caleb

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”