Addresses on Envelopes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
blairjames

Addresses on Envelopes

Post by blairjames »

I know this may be a small problem for most, but as a ward financial clerk with Rh-Arthritis, I would think it great if after or during the check writing process to vendors and members, I could just load envelopes into the printer and print the mailing addresses. (Usually 5-10)
I am aware of the option to print labels, however unless you are printing a full page worth, you waste the extra labels you don't use. Any thoughts out there.:confused:
Thanks for all the wisdom out there.
Blairjames
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

blairjames wrote:I would think it great if after or during the check writing process to vendors and members, I could just load envelopes into the printer and print the mailing addresses.
Window envelopes, if your bishop is willing to let you order them. Last I checked, they came at no cost to the unit. You have to order 1,000 though.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

Ditto. The window envelopes provided by the Church work great with their check stock. You can (and probably should anyway) have MLS print the address on the check.

Since the check stock is perforated into 3 sections, I tear of the top 1/3 section and attach it to the expense authorization. I then fold the remaining 2/3 along the perforation and place it in the window envelope so that the address from the "middle" section of the original check stock shows through the window. That way the security pattern of the actual check and the "pay to the order of" don't show through the window, making it slightly less obvious that a check is enclosed.

MLS now provides a way for you to change the address that will print on the check right before you actually print, so you can make any last minute adjustments or additions to the address.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

lajackson wrote:Last I checked, they came at no cost to the unit. You have to order 1,000 though.
Yes, it would be nice if the minimum order were 500 instead of 1000.
blairjames

Address on envelopes

Post by blairjames »

lajackson wrote:Window envelopes, if your bishop is willing to let you order them. Last I checked, they came at no cost to the unit. You have to order 1,000 though.

Wow you guys are the greatest. Here I thought the envelopes in the drawer were it. I'll be all over it, checking out the window envelopes.:D:D
Thanks a ton
Blairjames

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”