Where's the Custom Position Review tool?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
JustinT-p40

Where's the Custom Position Review tool?

Post by JustinT-p40 »

I'm using MLS 3.0.2 and can't find it. After reading the release notes and posts here, I thought it would be under Organizations > Reports/Tools, but it's not there.

Edit: I've already tried doing a fresh install from mls.lds.org with no effect.

Here's what I see:
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

I'm an assistant ward clerk with membership rights, and I don't have access to the tool. Not sure if that applies to you, but I personally think it's odd that membership access can't utilize the tool.

As for where to find the tool, I think you are looking in the right place, from what I read in the ReadMe html file that came with MLS 3.0 (when the new feature was first released).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:I'm an assistant ward clerk with membership rights, and I don't have access to the tool. Not sure if that applies to you, but I personally think it's odd that membership access can't utilize the tool.

As for where to find the tool, I think you are looking in the right place, from what I read in the ReadMe html file that came with MLS 3.0 (when the new feature was first released).
Indeed, you're both looking in the right place, but you have to have administrative rights to see the feature (that restriction is noted in the Callings wiki article).

I agree that this is odd -- the feature simply gives a different interface to the process of assigning callings, but someone with Edit Membership rights can assign callings. For that matter, someone with only the lowest level of permissions -- Organizational -- can also assign callings to people. So there's no additional real security added by restricting this feature to only administrators.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”