Yanceyware - double popup menu

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
bibnib-p40

Yanceyware - double popup menu

Post by bibnib-p40 »

Hi,

The Yanceyware forums seem to not be working, and since I know a lot of people on here use Yanceyware I hope you won't mind me asking a question.

I have a WM6 device. I was getting the double popup menu issue, and then found on the Yanceyware forum a link to download a file that fixed the problem.

I had to do a hard re-set...lost the file, and now the forums are not working. So, I was wondering if anyone can help out with that file that stopped the double menu popup problem.

Thanks,

Ian
jltware

Ditto

Post by jltware »

I don't know the solution, but I've been having the same problem with double popups on Yanceyware. I thought it was because I installed an older version (I preferred the old way of handling the bookmarks) that wasn't compatible with WM6. But if the latest version is also doing it, I'd be very interested to know if there is a working fix. Seems to happen more if you open another program in the background and then come back to your reading, so I suspect WM6 is refusing to let go of the control a bit and is doing it's own menu on top of the Yanceyware one. The menu options displayed seem to confirm this hypothesis, but I am only speculating. I only mention it because it is possible that WM6 needs patching, not Yanceyware. It may also be that only some versions of WM6 are affected, since unlike XP and Vista, WM6 installations are provided by the hardware manufacturer and are device specific.

Return to “General Discussions”