2009 LDSTech Talk feedback

The latest forum news and information
McDanielCA

2009 LDSTech Talk feedback

Post by McDanielCA »

Post your feedback about the LDSTech Talk here. If you were unable to watch it, we'll be post it on the site as soon as it becomes available.
Cra-Z-p40

Post by Cra-Z-p40 »

I thought it was short. I got excited when I saw 2 hours on the streaming player and Joel mentioned something about "in the first hour." It felt like there was an emergency or something and it just had to end suddenly.

Though it was short, it was really good. I thoroughly enjoyed the discussion and presentations. It's so exciting what doors technology is opening to the world and to the Church. I think there could have been more interaction with the community.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

I was sad the only feed was using a format that supports only two operating systems. I'm hoping the delayed version (at least audio) will be in a format I am able to receive.
Cra-Z-p40

Post by Cra-Z-p40 »

That reminds me, it'd be nice if the player supported Chrome.
rodsmith

Too Short

Post by rodsmith »

I wish the meeting was longer. I would have like to hear more responses to questions.

Thank you for giving us a "roadmap" of the many technology projects.
wkadams

LDS Tech Talk

Post by wkadams »

Thanks for the update on the roadmap. I thought the meeting was good and informative. I am going to get more involved in helping with some of the projects. I am especially interested in the Calendar program update. We have been trying to use it but some updates should help a lot. Thanks
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

We are grateful for the Portuguese streaming. But the translation actors (is that the right form for "dubladores"?) isn't "IT personnel". This brothers and sisters are the same called to translate the Church conferences and other satelite programs. Because it, this brothers and sisters are not prepared for a translation like that. If Church's IT personnel can be called to translate in next Tech Talks, this brothers and sisters can help us to understand better. I like to congratulate the translators, the work for a "non Tech" person to translate "wiki", "API" and "Twitter" is always hard...!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

MorettiDP wrote:We are grateful for the Portuguese streaming. But the translation actors (is that the right form for "dubladores"?) isn't "IT personnel". . . .
I like to congratulate the translators, the work for a "non Tech" person to translate "wiki", "API" and "Twitter" is always hard...!
We call them translators or, more correctly, interpreters. And you are right. It is very difficult to translate technical terms. But, I suppose the translations for "wiki", "API", and "Twitter" are a lot like the french translation for "weekend", which is, well, "le weekend".

Hope you are having a good one. :D
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Thanks, ^_^
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

You're right. Thanks for the feedback on that. The translators and interpreters did a great job for the amount of prep time they were given.

Return to “Announcements & Policies”