Need ideas for Church Website Presentation

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
daddy-o-p40

Need ideas for Church Website Presentation

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

Fellow LDSTechies-

I have been tasked with doing a Church website presentation for the various wards in our stake.

We are looking to motivate the members of the stake to take advantage of the resources the church has provided us with.

Will you kindly share your thoughts on what cool stuff I should cover? The neater the links/resources the better as we are looking to really raise some eyebrows.

Thanks in advance for your input!!
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I hope that you don't forget this Web site. ;)

Here is a short list to get things started: Tom
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Don't forget LUWS and how it has a calendar, announcements and current ward list.

Also I'd recommend "Serving in the Church". Specifically "Record-Keeping and Auditing Training" as it contains training videos.
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

tomw wrote:I hope that you don't forget this Web site. ;)

Here is a short list to get things started: Tom
FYI -- whenever we try to put http://www.josephsmith.net as a URL on our wards home page we get an error that states "You have put in an unauthorized URL."

I can see why we'd want to filter our non-church urls. But this is a church website. Can this be fixed?
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

enriquer wrote:FYI -- whenever we try to put www.josephsmith.net as a URL on our wards home page we get an error that states "You have put in an unauthorized URL."

I can see why we'd want to filter our non-church urls. But this is a church website. Can this be fixed?
I'll pass that along to the folks responsible.

Tom
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

enriquer wrote:FYI -- whenever we try to put www.josephsmith.net as a URL on our wards home page we get an error that states "You have put in an unauthorized URL."

I went to our ward web site and http://www.josephsmith.net is already listed in the OFFICIAL CHURCH WEB SITES section. I assume this comes from Church headquarters but it might be populated by the Stake. Do you not have it in the OFFICIAL CHURCH WEB SITES section of your site?
KathrynGZ

Ideas

Post by KathrynGZ »

Enrique,

I thought about how I and other ward members use lds.org most. Here are some things that might be useful to cover:

• The LUWS calendar--great for keeping up to date on ward and stake activities (of course, in order for the calendar to be useful, people have to submit events!! :) )
  • Specific resources for various auxiliaries under "Serving in the Church," including online lesson manuals. It makes getting the lesson material extremely easy. In addition, there are other helpful resources such as Teaching: No Greater Call.
  • The music site! It's amazing. You can look up any hymn or Primary song. You can play one part or all parts right on the computer. You can even transpose songs if you need them in a different key for choir, young children, etc.
  • The scriptures--I'd show them how to read, listen, search for words & phrases, check footnotes, and use the Study Helps such as the JST.
  • General conference archives--read, listen or watch.

Hope your presentation goes well!

Kathryn
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bhofmann wrote:I went to our ward web site and http://www.josephsmith.net is already listed in the OFFICIAL CHURCH WEB SITES section.
Yeah, you have to keep an eye on them. I'd had to remove a number of links that I've created when they suddenly become duplicates. :rolleyes:
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

RussellHltn wrote:Yeah, you have to keep an eye on them. I'd had to remove a number of links that I've created when they suddenly become duplicates. :rolleyes:

But doesn't having more links mean that the site is more important? :D
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:But doesn't having more links mean that the site is more important? :D
Normally Engineers like redundancy, but this is an exception. ;)

Return to “Main Church Website”