Grayed out email addresses

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
cooleric1234-p40

Grayed out email addresses

Post by cooleric1234-p40 »

I've noticed that a family in our ward has two email addresses listed (one for the husband one for the wife) in the Administrator's page. However, they are both a lighter shade of gray than other members email addresses and do not show up in the general Membership Directory. Does anyone know why this would be and what to do about it? Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The members in question have set their emails addresses to be "hidden" in their preferences. This is also where the email address comes from.

If that's not what they want, then they have to log back in and make the change. No one else can do it for them (short of impersonating them).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Not everybody is aware there are preferences they set in their user profile. If I were to use my own ward's understanding of the LUWS as a measure of the rest of those who use the LUWS then I would say that roughly thirty percent of those who are registered to use the LUWS know how to change their profile that contains their preferences, or even know that the profile exists.

The procedures to edit your personal preferences are:
  1. Logon to the LUWS, better known as the stake and ward websites.
  2. On any LUWS page in the upper right of the page in the blue toolbar (the same bar that has the name of the Church) click the link "Update Profile"
  3. Edit your profile preferences.
The preference that Russell is referring to is "Show your e-mail address in directories and lists? YES NO ". While a user can enter their e-mail address in the LOGIN INFORMATION section it will only be available to administrators if the NO option is selected.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”