LUWS unit address

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
jhopson

LUWS unit address

Post by jhopson »

Hello All,

I need a little help. Its for the Geneseo Ward, Rochester NY Stake. Our ward just got a new meetinghouse about a month ago. And since we have not been able to get the correct address put into LUWS. Myself and others have contacted our FM group and they said its been updated 3 times and they have called Salt Lake. But our address is still not correct. Now the address was changed but to an old address that has not been used for a few years. A few years ago the address was 4273 lakeville rd. Then due to a road change the address was 2 ryan drive (same building). Now we have w new meetinghouse from the church and not rented the new address should be 42 East South Street, Geneseo, New York 14454. We have already had visitors going to the wrong location. luckily we have notes on the door for the new location but this will only last for so long.

Could you please help a give some info or a contact person in Salt Lake that I can contact to correct the issue.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Jhopson wrote:Could you please help a give some info or a contact person in Salt Lake that I can contact to correct the issue.
The first line of support for local unit websites is the Local Unit Support Group.
jhopson

Post by jhopson »

Thank You,

Myself and another person from my ward and the Stake Clerk has contacted the FM Group. Its still not corrected. they said its been updated 3 times and contacted someone in Salt Lake to correct. Its still not done. it wasn't until Salt Lake was contacted that the address on LUWS was changed. However as I already said it was changed to an address the we have not used for a few years now. And this has been going on for a month now. Please Help.

Thank You,
James Hopson
birdld-p40

Post by birdld-p40 »

Jhopson wrote:Thank You,

Myself and another person from my ward and the Stake Clerk has contacted the FM Group. Its still not corrected. they said its been updated 3 times and contacted someone in Salt Lake to correct. Its still not done. it wasn't until Salt Lake was contacted that the address on LUWS was changed. However as I already said it was changed to an address the we have not used for a few years now. And this has been going on for a month now. Please Help.
The FM group has access to a database called FMAT. This is where the change needs to be made to the address for the new building. Please note that the LUWS gets updated with new information weekly on Thursday, so the change will not appear immediately.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I'm not sure if this is just a "feel good" method, but it is supposedly also possible to update a meetinghouse location on LDS maps. The instructions are located here, but it simple enough. Find the correct location on the map, place a marker in the correct location, and then click on the Feedback option.

Incidentally, when I browse for your unit on LDS maps, it gives me this address:
Geneseo Ward
42 E South St
Geneseo, NY 14454

That appears to be the correct address. However, your LUWS has the wrong address (which is the original problem). I'm curious if the address on the LUWS isn't linked to the address listed in MLS. Check in your system options, unit information. I'm going to guess your address is incorrect there as well. Try updating it and waiting a week or two to see if that fixes it. It is my understanding that changes to meeting times made here in MLS are reflected on the LUWS. It would make sense to me, then, that the address is similarly linked.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

crislapi wrote:I'm not sure if this is just a "feel good" method, but it is supposedly also possible to update a meetinghouse location on LDS maps. The instructions are located here, but it simple enough. Find the correct location on the map, place a marker in the correct location, and then click on the Feedback option.
I think that's only to resolve the wrong lat/lon (or "GPS") coordinates. I don't think you can submit an address correction that way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jhopson

Post by jhopson »

Thank You all for the help so far. I will double check MLS. The correct address is on LDS Maps but it does have wrong lat/lon and wrong phone number which a correction has been submitted.

Thank You,
James Hopson

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”