Household does not appear in HT list

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
crislapi

Household does not appear in HT list

Post by crislapi »

This question comes from a student single ward. We have at least one 18 year old female member of our ward who does not appear in any of the hometeaching lists, therefore making it impossible to assign her home teachers (in MLS).

I have checked - she is the head of household and the only household member, as she should be. I also played around in the test database - made an 18 year-old her own household. She immediately showed up in the list of households to be assigned home teachers, leading me to believe we may have a database or record corruption problem.

Any ideas on how to get her to show up in the lists so we can make the assignment?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When did she move into the ward? I didn't think it would affect assignments, but I know in the past the numbers would not count for the month the family moved in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

RussellHltn wrote:When did she move into the ward?
I am told by the clerk she has been in the ward for a while. Not sure what that means, but at least a couple months I'd guess. People who have moved in after her do appear.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What classes has she been placed in? I'm looking for evidence that MLS is treating her like an adult and not like a youth.

As a HoH, I'd expect MLS to treat her as needing home teachers, regardless. But you have to start troubleshooting somewhere.

Can you assign her Visiting Teachers?

One thing you can do is a backup and restore of the MLS database. I believe that forces MLS to rebuild it's database indexes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I'll have to look at what classes she is in. I'm not sure off the top of my head. We did check VT rolls - she did not show up there either.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:One thing you can do is a backup and restore of the MLS database. I believe that forces MLS to rebuild it's database indexes.

If that does not solve it, I next would request a member refresh from CHQ.

After that, I think it is stake clerk/help desk time.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

I am wondering if MLS knows this sister is actually a member of the Church.

What does MLS show for the Member Record Number? Is it a "temporary" number with your unit number embedded?

Also, does the sister's record show her ordinance information?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Do you ever find yourself dreading coming back in and reporting what the actual problem was? Well, here's such a case. Hopefully this helps someone else.

First, she is a member and has a valid MRN. Her membership record has her ordinance information. She is in the correct classes as well. And as of this morning, she shows up on all the lists. I'm pretty sure she wasn't showing up on the household report or home teaching assignments (i think that's what it was called) before. The EQP told me the issue was that she had already been assigned HTs so was not showing up on the "needs to be assigned" list (which I couldn't find this morning - is that an actual list?).

Anyway, whether something repaired itself in the last 2 days (not likely) or she had already been assigned and we were missing it (more likely), the problem has been resolved. Thanks for all the suggestions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

<sigh> It had crossed my mind to suggest looking at her record and seeing what home teachers were assigned, but I didn't type it.

mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

crislapi wrote:...the "needs to be assigned" list (which I couldn't find this morning - is that an actual list?).
Yes, I believe it's called the "Households Not Assigned Home Teachers" report. There is also a complimentary report that shows the flip side of potential home teachers that currently don't have any teaching assignments (and it's name is really close to the above one, but flipped around somehow).

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”