Setting Meeting Times

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lhblair

Setting Meeting Times

Post by lhblair »

Our ward meeting times are changing on 9/6/09 and we've been successful in listing all of the new meeting times on our website with the exception of Sacrament meeting. I went into the MLS System setup and changed the time in there but it isn't reflected on our website. What do I need to do to get our new Sacrament meeting time updated on our ward website?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

lblair wrote:Our ward meeting times are changing on 9/6/09 and we've been successful in listing all of the new meeting times on our website with the exception of Sacrament meeting. I went into the MLS System setup and changed the time in there but it isn't reflected on our website. What do I need to do to get our new Sacrament meeting time updated on our ward website?
Be sure to give it at least a few days to update. The information from MLS does have to trickle over to the Ward Websites system. But that should be the right procedure for updating Sacrament Meeting times on LUWS.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

lblair wrote:Our ward meeting times are changing on 9/6/09 and we've been successful in listing all of the new meeting times on our website with the exception of Sacrament meeting. I went into the MLS System setup and changed the time in there but it isn't reflected on our website. What do I need to do to get our new Sacrament meeting time updated on our ward website?
Be sure you do a Send/Receive in the MLS software to post the changes to the church servers :D
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
vroberts-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by vroberts-p40 »

Your meeting time should change on the website within a week. If it doesn't change then please contact Local Unit Support so we can determine why the LUWS wasn't updated.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

vroberts wrote:Your meeting time should change on the website within a week. If it doesn't change then please contact Local Unit Support so we can determine why the LUWS wasn't updated.
It has been over 4 weeks since the meeting time was changed on the MLS and it still hasn't changed on the web site... Should I be concerned?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:It has been over 4 weeks since the meeting time was changed on the MLS and it still hasn't changed on the web site... Should I be concerned?
I don't know if you should be concerned, but it's now time to call Clerk Support to ask what is happening.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

vroberts wrote:Your meeting time should change on the website within a week. If it doesn't change then please contact Local Unit Support so we can determine why the LUWS wasn't updated.
I had forgotten about this. I guess I am being too patient. I will call about three units on Monday that were changed in mid October. Thanks. [grin]
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:I don't know if you should be concerned, but it's now time to call Clerk Support to ask what is happening.
Is the number for Member and Statistical Records Department support the same place as Clerk Support?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Is the number for Member and Statistical Records Department support the same place as Clerk Support?
For most issues, you should call Clerk Support -- they are your first line of assistance. They can help you with most membership and financial issues; if they need to bring in additional resources, they will connect you with the appropriate department.
tmcgregor-p40

Setting Meeting Times (hard for student wards)

Post by tmcgregor-p40 »

I serve in a university single student ward and I don't understand why our ward website meeting time listing must be sourced from the MLS or why it takes weeks for it to change after we make the change:confused:? Because our student wards frequently combine between semester breaks and during the summer we need to be able to affect changes quickly. How about a little more administrative privilege? The additional meeting time field updates immediately when the field is submitted by the administrator but trying to change the posted time that is pulled from the MLS is really frustrating.

Return to “General Discussions”