Sealings

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
Newt

Sealings

Post by Newt »

Is there a form in MLS for sealings. My Bishop asked me if there is a form for a man that has been sealed to a prior spouse, (now divorced and remarried to someone else) to be able to be sealed to his current spouse? How does one do this? Any help you can supply is appreciated.
Thanks
Newt
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Newt wrote:Is there a form in MLS for sealings. My Bishop asked me if there is a form for a man that has been sealed to a prior spouse, (now divorced and remarried to someone else) to be able to be sealed to his current spouse? How does one do this? Any help you can supply is appreciated.
The form is called Application to the First Presidency. It is located in MLS under Confidential Reports and Forms.

Read carefully all the instructions on the form itself as you fill it out (you can print out a blank form to use for instruction purposes and to draft some of the information prior to entering the information into MLS). The form explains what information is required, who needs to supply each piece of information, and where to send it.

The bishop initiates the process, but should consult with the stake president, who has specific responsibilities in this process. The stake clerk is generally involved in the process as well.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Newt wrote:Is there a form in MLS for sealings[?]
No, there are no forms for sealings in MLS.

The procedures for applying for a cancellation of sealing or a sealing clearance are in the Church Handbook of Instructions, Book 1, 2006, page 85. The form that must be submitted is the Application to the First Presidency form. It is available from the Office of the First Presidency in the United States and Canada. Instructions are on the form.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Newt

Post by Newt »

Thanks for the information. I'll go look at the form, then I can inform my Bishop. I knew someone would know how to do this, this forum is just a life saver.
Thanks again
Newt
lmemmott

Post by lmemmott »

Thanks for the info. This answered exactly what I was looking for. I might add that my stake president pointed out that they need to wait at least 1 year after the civil marriage is done before the sealing can be doone.

Return to “Reports and Forms”