Signature card missing people

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Signature card missing people

Post by Mikerowaved »

I must say, recently great advances have been made in the encouragement of using "standard positions" over "custom positions" in MLS and this has made many reports auto-fill much more intelligently. Adding an extra line to the signature card was welcome also. However, I'm having troubles trying to auto-fill it with the following standard positions...
  • Bishop
  • Bishopric First Counselor
  • Bishopric Second Counselor
  • Ward Clerk
  • Ward Assistant Clerk--Finance
  • Ward Assistant Clerk--Finance
Yes, we have 2 finance clerks. (It used to be 3, but we lost one to a stake finance clerk position. :( )

Here's the problem, the signature card only lists one of the assistant finance clerks, but not the other. Funny, but it selects the second one listed on the Bishopric leadership position page and not the first.

This can certainly be populated by hand prior to printing the signature card, that's not the problem. I was just curious why both finance clerks were not included. Is this an MLS bug, or was it designed that way?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:I was just curious why both finance clerks were not included. Is this an MLS bug, or was it designed that way?
I'm guessing that multiple finance clerks are not the norm and it's a situation that MLS was not designed nor tested for.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Mikerowaved wrote:Funny, but it selects the second one listed on the Bishopric leadership position page and not the first.
Just out of curiousity, is there anything that would put the second clerk ahead of the first in any kind of sort? I'm thinking that possibly the name of the second clerk comes first when sorted?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ldleiter

Post by ldleiter »

jdlessley wrote:Just out of curiousity, is there anything that would put the second clerk ahead of the first in any kind of sort? I'm thinking that possibly the name of the second clerk comes first when sorted?

Another possibility is that it is pulling in both clerks into the same field, so that the second overwrites the first.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jdlessley wrote:Just out of curiousity, is there anything that would put the second clerk ahead of the first in any kind of sort? I'm thinking that possibly the name of the second clerk comes first when sorted?
Being a programmer, I actually looked for something like that. The person left off was actually called first, has both first and last names alphabetically before the other, and so on. Of course, two names is far too small a sample to be looking for trends, but even so, there wasn't anything obvious that I could find.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

ldleiter wrote:Another possibility is that it is pulling in both clerks into the same field, so that the second overwrites the first.
Now that's the first thing that's made sense to me so far. Thanks! Next time I have the test data fired up I'll make some callings and play with some scenarios to see if I can pin down what's happening.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

In my testing, it is consistently the first Assistant Ward Clerk--Finance listed in the Bishopric organization. You can control the order using the Change Calling Order on the Bishopric organization screen.

Although new positions added are generally put at the end of the list, I have seen some instances where new people are added higher up on the list. So just make sure your financial clerks are in the right order using Change Calling Order. Of course, if you want more than one financial clerk to be on the signature card, it appears that for now you'll have to add all but the first by hand.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”