HT Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
dbezzant

HT Report

Post by dbezzant »

Our Stake has us send them a monthly report of the following information:

Total # of Housholds
Number of families assigned to Elders
Number of families taught by Elders
Number of families assigned to High Priests
Number of families taught by High Priests

Is there a way to do a custom report or is one already done? I have looked and cannot find anything or anyway of doing this. I must be missing something.

Thanks

Brother B.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dbezzant wrote:Our Stake has us send them a monthly report of the following information:

Total # of Housholds
Number of families assigned to Elders
Number of families taught by Elders
Number of families assigned to High Priests
Number of families taught by High Priests
The HT Statistics Report shows percentages, but not numbers of families (except total number of families visited). The easiest way I can come up with (not too easy, but at least doable) is the following:
  1. The total number of households comes from Reports/Forms > Unit Statistics.
  2. Generate a HT Household Report for the Elders organization.
  3. Click somewhere in the list.
  4. Do Ctrl+Shift+C to copy the report to the clipboard.
  5. In a spreadsheet, do Ctrl+V to paste it.
  6. Repeat steps 1-4 for the High Priests, pasting it into a separate worksheet.
  7. If you paste into row 2, then in row 1 you can put formulas such as:
    • B1: COUNTA(B3:B999) -- this will count the total families
    • F1: COUNTA(F3:F999) -- this will count the visits last month
  8. Do step 6 for both Elders and High Priests. This will give you the last four numbers you asked for.
  9. You can save spreadsheets with the formulas in them and just paste the new report each month; that might save you a minute or two.
Once you get this process down, I'll bet you can do it in less than 5 minutes each month.
dbezzant

Post by dbezzant »

Thanks for the information, this is essentially what our old clerk said to do, but he prints them and counts by hand. This is the first time I have had to do this report and thought there has to be a better way. Great idea on the using a spreadsheet. I also asked our Stake Clerk on this, he said there is a way to get this, I'm thinking he might show me the same thing. If it is something different I will post here.

Thanks
dbezzant

Post by dbezzant »

Update: I met with the Stake Clerk and he showed me a quick way to get this, it is just to easy. How you get this is, select the HT Statistics report, here you will have a report with percentages. Along the top listed the months which are a link, select the month you want and a pop-up will show the information needed, pretty slick. I knew there had to be a way to get this information easily. I thought it would be some report. I'm finding MLS has some nice features, some of them are just hidden a bit.

BTW we are using the latest version of 3.x, we are one of the lucky stakes which get to the betas.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dbezzant wrote:select the HT Statistics report, here you will have a report with percentages. Along the top listed the months which are a link, select the month you want and a pop-up will show the information needed, pretty slick.
Thanks for reporting back. That really is slick -- sometimes it's not completely obvious in MLS how to get certain pieces of information, but it reinforces that if something is a link, something useful might happen when you click it. I just never clicked on the month names before.

In any case, this just shows the value of everyone pooling their experiences. Thanks again!

Return to “Reports and Forms”