No missionary support in July?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
funaddict-p40

No missionary support in July?

Post by funaddict-p40 »

I am working on the July reconciliation and I noticed on the CUFS that there were no withdrawals for any of the 4 missionaries serving from our ward in July. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alan Afualo
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, we were alerted to this back in THIS post, but I see the post is in the "General" area and not where it can be easily found by finance clerks. I'll see if I can correct that.

In the mean time, it appears local units with missionaries will be double billed in their next statement.

EDIT: The notice linked above is now in the Local Unit Finance area.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

An MLS message was also sent out yesterday to financial clerks regarding this issue and its correction next month.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

mkmurray wrote:An MLS message was also sent out yesterday to financial clerks regarding this issue and its correction next month.
It was a bit earlier than yesterday. :D I recall seeing it at about the same time that birdld posted his message.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

oregonmatt wrote:It was a bit earlier than yesterday. :D I recall seeing it at about the same time that birdld posted his message.
Interesting, the MLS message was dated just two days ago, and I was the one to first receive it sitting at the computer yesterday.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

oregonmatt wrote:It was a bit earlier than yesterday. :D I recall seeing it at about the same time that birdld posted his message.
There was a message (I believe on 30 July) that first described the problem so that clerks would understand that the July CUFS wouldn't have the missionary debits. That's what you are talking about.

Mkmurray was talking about the second message, which did indeed just arrive in this last week. That message said that the August statement that will arrive in a few days will have both July and August missionary debits.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:There was a message (I believe on 30 July) that first described the problem so that clerks would understand that the July CUFS wouldn't have the missionary debits. . . .

Mkmurray was talking about the second message, which did indeed just arrive in this last week. That message said that the August statement that will arrive in a few days will have both July and August missionary debits.
We received the 31 July message saying we would not receive the missionary debits in July, but as of today, we have not received the message saying we will receive whatever it is we are going to receive that we did not receive.

Based on what we have received so far, we are expecting to receive double debiting of our missionary accounts in August, which will nicely counteract the single crediting we have received through received contributions in each of the last two months.

We are also receiving auditors, who are receiving this information with relief, since it has absolutely nothing to do with any funds received in the other account and therefore could not cause us to go out of balance and receive an audit finding.

Whew!
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Alan_Brown wrote: Mkmurray was talking about the second message, which did indeed just arrive in this last week. That message said that the August statement that will arrive in a few days will have both July and August missionary debits.
Yeah, I saw that one today too. It's good they're keeping us informed.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”