Can't Log into Stake/Ward site.

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
dragitz-p40

Can't Log into Stake/Ward site.

Post by dragitz-p40 »

For almost a month and some change i haven't been able to log into my stake/ward site to access my ward or stake directory. I'd been using iStake for my iPhone but it wouldn't let me update the list saying that my LDS.org account needed attention. so I tried to login directly from the webpage and I used the password and it said "You entered your previous user name and password. Please use your LDS Account user name and password
If you need to recover your LDS Account user name or password, see the “Can’t sign in” section below." so I went through the process of changing my password thinking something must be wrong and it said my password or user name wasn't registered. so i tried to re-register and it said i already had an LDS account and took me to a different login page "https://apps.lds.org/sign-in/go/login.jsf" where i used the new password and all i got was my profile. no other options for ward or stake sites just a vague profile that only displayed the most basic information. I've tried sending in a help ticket and they said they'd get back to me in 48 hours that was 3 weeks ago. I just have no idea what to do from this point.

Please Help if you can.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Local Unit Web Sites now use LDS Account to control access.

Once you have established your LDS Account credentials (it sounds as if you already have done this), go back to the Local Unit Web Site and use your LDS Account name and password to log in.

If this does not work, make sure you have activated your LDS Account by going to the link in the e-mail you received when you established the account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dragitz wrote:so i tried to re-register and it said i already had an LDS account and took me to a different login page "https://apps.lds.org/sign-in/go/login.jsf" where i used the new password and all i got was my profile. no other options for ward or stake sites just a vague profile that only displayed the most basic information.
OK, so if you use the name (keep in mind your LDS Account may be using a different name then your old LUWS login) and the password you just used above, are you able to get into LUWS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dragitz-p40

Post by dragitz-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:OK, so if you use the name (keep in mind your LDS Account may be using a different name then your old LUWS login) and the password you just used above, are you able to get into LUWS?
i tried creating a different name and it said that my membership number was in use with my usual username so no problem there i hope. However when i use that username and password i get a page called a profile page that ONLY has username, first name, last name, primary email, alternate e-mail, language, and country, and the option of changing the password, i tried changing password and username but when i go back to https://secure.lds.org/units/login/1,21 ... -1,00.html
It gives me the not registered stuff all over again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The only thing I can think of is that it may take time for the password change to synchronize from the LDSAccount to LUWS. But that is speculation. I am able to log into LUWS with my LDSAccount, so the system appears to be working to some degree.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:The only thing I can think of is that it may take time for the password change to synchronize from the LDSAccount to LUWS. But that is speculation. I am able to log into LUWS with my LDSAccount, so the system appears to be working to some degree.
Try verifying your LDS Account by going to http://ldsaccount.lds.org and attempt a login. If you can't get in, then that might be your problem. You will then have to go through the steps to identify yourself and retrieve your logon information.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
harrysamuel-p40

Iphone "My LDS Stake" can not log on

Post by harrysamuel-p40 »

techgy wrote:Try verifying your LDS Account by going to http://ldsaccount.lds.org and attempt a login. If you can't get in, then that might be your problem. You will then have to go through the steps to identify yourself and retrieve your logon information.
I have logged on and off my LDS account many times. I still get a message when trying to start using "My LDS Stake" on my iPhone. over and over. Have no idea other than it might take time before the main systems puts it all together with "My LDS Stake" . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Harry
ShirtsDre

Try, try again.

Post by ShirtsDre »

Dragitz, from your previous posts, you have successfully connected to LDS Account. In your case, your LUWS and LDS Account user names are the same. Just be sure to sign in to LUWS with the same password you used to sign in to LDS Account and you should get in just fine.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
ShirtsDre

Verify direct LUWS sign in works

Post by ShirtsDre »

harrysamuel wrote:I have logged on and off my LDS account many times. I still get a message when trying to start using "My LDS Stake" on my iPhone. over and over. Have no idea other than it might take time before the main systems puts it all together with "My LDS Stake" . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Harry
Harry, please sign in directly to LUWS at https://secure.lds.org/units. Make sure you can successfully sign in to LUWS prior to using My LDS Stake.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

harrysamuel wrote:I have logged on and off my LDS account many times. I still get a message when trying to start using "My LDS Stake" on my iPhone. over and over. Have no idea other than it might take time before the main systems puts it all together with "My LDS Stake" . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Harry
It appears you are talking about an iPhone app (one not made by the Church). Can't really guarantee you'll get much help with that app here on this forum.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”