My own personal page is blocked

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
dougj-p40

My own personal page is blocked

Post by dougj-p40 »

I'm a new STS and while checking out the wireless connection at our stake house, I found that my own personal page was blocked. The orange blocked page stated that the site was unrated.

Are there any html metatags I can add to my webpage(s) to tell the Church's filter that my site is safe? If not, is there anything else on my side to get my page approved?

Is the Church's filter dynamic, in that it checks sites on the fly or does it compare to a known, static list of approved web sites? How does that list get updated?
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

dougj wrote: Are there any html metatags I can add to my webpage(s) to tell the Church's filter that my site is safe? If not, is there anything else on my side to get my page approved?

Is the Church's filter dynamic, in that it checks sites on the fly or does it compare to a known, static list of approved web sites? How does that list get updated?
A useful answer likely depends on what level of filtering is in use at the building in question.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dougj wrote:I'm a new STS and while checking out the wireless connection at our stake house, I found that my own personal page was blocked. The orange blocked page stated that the site was unrated.

Are there any html metatags I can add to my webpage(s) to tell the Church's filter that my site is safe? If not, is there anything else on my side to get my page approved?

HTML metatags won't make any difference. But you can see instructions for suggesting updates to the categorization at the wiki article Internet Connection Filtering.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”