Second Annual LDSTech Talk

The latest forum news and information
McDanielCA

Second Annual LDSTech Talk

Post by McDanielCA »

You are invited to participate in the second annual online LDSTech Talk hosted by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on September 17 at 6:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).

Last year, Joel Dehlin, the CIO of the ICS Department, gave a presentation and answered some of your questions via webcast. Download the inaugural online LDSTech Talk from August, 2008.

We encourage you to submit questions early by filling out the LDSTech Talk Question form. Please keep questions short and concise. Use #ldstechtalk hashtag to discuss the event on Twitter.

In addition to the opportunity of having your questions answered by Joel and a panel of Church employees, we will also present the 2009 LDSTech Awards. Please take the opportunity to nominate someone you feel deserves to be recognized for their efforts. There will be three categories this year, which include:

• Helping Hand - recognizing an individual who has gone the extra mile to help and guide others within the LDSTech community
  • Top Tester - recognizing an individual who has helped test and improve community development projects
  • Coding Guru - recognizing an individual who has made significant code contributions on a community development project
More details are forthcoming.

Nominate someone for the LDSTech Awards.

Register for the LDSTech Talk by September 15, 2009.
mkmurray

Beehive-Mouse Logo

Post by mkmurray »

McDanielCA wrote:Register for the LDSTech Talk by September 15, 2009.
By the way, I love the idea of the little beehive-mouse logo for the LDSTech Awards at the link you gave for registering!
shakmatt-p40

Broken Link

Post by shakmatt-p40 »

The "Download the inaugural online LDSTech Talk" link didn't work. Any chance you can update it. Love to see it. Thanks.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

shakmatt wrote:The "Download the inaugural online LDSTech Talk" link didn't work. Any chance you can update it. Love to see it. Thanks.
Thanks, I fixed the link in the original post and in yours. Apparently it was coded to go to an internal Church IP address or something.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

The email field on the registration page had some sort of JavaScript bug when I tried to register using Firefox 3.5.2. Internet Explorer 6 seemed to work. Anybody else have the same problem?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I used FireFox 3.5.2 without any problem.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I used IE8 with no problems. Not that that will help.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Matt,

If you are still not having success submitting your question just post it here and it will be considered.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Cassie,

I haven't felt "bright" enough to come up with a good question yet. :D I just had a minor problem with registration that was solved by using a different browser. :o Thanks for your concern.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

I'm glad you were able to register. I haven't had anyone else mention that they can't register but I hope this is an isolated event.

I'd also like to invite anyone that has a blog, a Twitter account, or any other public venue to encourage others to participate. We want as many people to be aware of the event as possible. Feel free to use portions of the text that are published on this site.

Return to “Announcements & Policies”