LU website calendar "tweak-" turn off stake!

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
kisaac
Community Moderators

LU website calendar "tweak-" turn off stake!

Post by kisaac »

When using our "local unit website calendar," our stake events are bothersome. they are often not always reliable, and often not applicable to our ward. While I understand this is a stake input issue, why can't we have an option on the calendar to select which "group" of events to display? Much like google calendar, I often wish users could click a box and "turn off" display of the stake events and just show our ward items. Or, just export or print my ward items to make a local ward calendar.

Is this an easy "fix?" I would not expect to "pick and choose" which stake events to view event by event, just choose to hide or display the whole bunch of them with a menu option.
ajames

Post by ajames »

While not speaking with any authority, I doubt this is an easy "fix." Instead, I'd imagine that it would take a significant amount of effort to modify the calendar feature of the LUWS.

This, however, is being experimented with in the next version of LUWS as seen at http://tech.lds.org/luc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

While I do know that suppressing church-wide events was on the list of desired features, I don't know as suppressing stake events are. You really should complain to the stake about any problems they are causing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

A fix is already in development. How long before that development is complete is another matter.
RussellHltn wrote:You really should complain to the stake about any problems they are causing.
And just so you know, LUWS ALREADY contains a feature on the stake calendar to limit an event to only the stake calandar or to selected units. That means that you either have to go to the stake's calander on their webpage to view the event, or your unit has to be selected to view that stake event.

What is probably happening (and what RusselHltn is telling you to complain about) is that your stake is probably having ALL their events selected to show up on each individual unit's calendar.

For example, the stake can ALREADY select that a stake event for ward conference shows up on the stake's calendar and only the 1st Ward's calendar so that all the rest of the units don't have to see when the 1st Ward's ward conference is scheduled. Other events like stake youth activities probably ought to be visible to all units of the stake.

--
BTW, after looking at that Wiki page, I hope D&C 51:2 was cited at least partially in jest. Otherwise it implies that you will be "cut off" (i.e. excommunicated) for using anything but LUWS. That's a bit harsh. IF we must have a scripture for calendaring, how about one of the following:

Ecclesiaties 3:1
Exodus 9:5
Job 7:1
Jeremiah 8:7
D&C 121:25
D&C 88:119

(If we are going for tongue-in-cheek, then I'm partial to Jeremiah 8:7) :p
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

ajames wrote:.... This, however, is being experimented with in the next version of LUWS as seen at http://tech.lds.org/luc.
I tried to logon using my lds account and I kept getting the message that tells me that my logon was incorrect. I WAS using my lds account. In fact, I successfully logged into the lds account web site with that account.

Perhaps http://tech.lds.org/luc is down?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:I tried to logon using my lds account and I kept getting the message that tells me that my logon was incorrect. I WAS using my lds account. In fact, I successfully logged into the lds account web site with that account.

Perhaps http://tech.lds.org/luc is down?
Look at the bottom left corner of the LUC login page. There you will see the three valid username/password combinations that work with LUC right now. The reference on the login page to LDS Account is for the future -- the current development version of LUC is not yet hooked up to LDS Account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Techgy wrote:Perhaps http://tech.lds.org/luc is down?
It's not yet connected to the real LDSAccount. You have to use one of the three "accounts" listed on the bottom left of the page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:It's not yet connected to the real LDSAccount. You have to use one of the three "accounts" listed on the bottom left of the page.
Thanks fellas. Got it.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”