Combining Households

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lgrobbins-p40

Combining Households

Post by lgrobbins-p40 »

I have a husband who has been living away from his family and had his record where he was living. The spouse and children were living in our ward and she was listed as the head of house.
He is back now and his record was moved into our ward but shows him as a head of house seperate from his family.
How do I combine the two households into one showing the Husband/Father as the head of house?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lgrobbins wrote:I have a husband who has been living away from his family and had his record where he was living. The spouse and children were living in our ward and she was listed as the head of house.
He is back now and his record was moved into our ward but shows him as a head of house seperate from his family.
How do I combine the two households into one showing the Husband/Father as the head of house?
You can edit to the wife's individual record, then go to the Current Spouse screen. There you should see the husband's information listed. There will be a link for Add Spouse to Household, which should add him to the household as head of household.

Just as a note, if you had done this step before his record had been moved into your ward, you would have been given the option to request his records. Then when the record arrived, it would have been automatically added to the household as HoH.
lgrobbins-p40

Post by lgrobbins-p40 »

Thank you.

Return to “Membership Help”