Mls 3.0.2

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mkmurray

Mls 3.0.2

Post by mkmurray »

Just received an MLS message regarding a planned update to be released in the next few weeks.

We have produced new Member and Leader Services (MLS) software, version 3.0.2. This new version will be sent down to your computer sometime over the next two weeks. MLS 3.0.2 includes language support for Russian, fixes for some calling and position bugs and other minor bug fixes.

We anticipate that the download will be approximately 10-15 minutes over a dial-up connection. If you want to download it, MLS 3.0.2 will be available at http://mls.lds.org beginning sometime in the next two weeks.

Thank you for your assistance in your callings.
LTORDUSA1-p40

New MLS Version 3.0.2

Post by LTORDUSA1-p40 »

I hope the new version will correct a problem we have been experiencing. While entering the tithing donations the computer program overlays different windows for information like names. Then when the name is found the window is removed. The problem is that the window is not removed and we have to finish entering the data by searching where an entry should be. We will see if the problem is corrected with the new version. This problem only happens only once or twice during a donation session.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

LTORDUSA1 wrote:The problem is that the window is not removed and we have to finish entering the data by searching where an entry should be.
I experienced a similar problem of the screen not redrawing properly during the beta of MLS 3.0. I eventually fixed it by downloading the complete version of MLS and installing it rather than hoping a future version patch would fix the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jbh001 wrote:I eventually fixed it by downloading the complete version of MLS and installing it rather than hoping a future version patch would fix the problem.
The full download includes the Java engine that's used by MLS. Updates usually don't include the Java.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

MLS 3.0.2 Release Notes

Post by mkmurray »

Here are the Release Notes for MLS 3.0.2 that I downloaded just barely tonight (I'm not sure if it's because we're on the beta program or not):

New Features and Changes in MLS 3.0.2

General Changes
  • MLS in Russian. MLS is now available in the Russian language.
Changes Related to Membership
  • Elders May Serve as Stake Clerk or Stake Executive Secretary. Elders may now be recorded in MLS for the stake callings of stake clerk and stake executive secretary, as allowed by the Church Handbook of Instructions.
Changes Related to Finance
  • Signature Card May Now Be Filled Out Completely. Stakes and wards may now list up to six authorized signers on the Signature Card (U.S. and Canada).
  • Financial Audit Forms Available in French and Spanish (U.S. and Canada). Stake and ward financial audit forms are now available to print in French and Spanish in the United States and Canada.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

mkmurray wrote:Here are the Release Notes for MLS 3.0.2 that I downloaded just barely tonight (I'm not sure if it's because we're on the beta program or not):
MLS 3.0.2 has not yet been posted to mls.lds.org for download yet, but that might change at any moment.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mkmurray wrote:Here are the Release Notes for MLS 3.0.2 that I downloaded just barely tonight (I'm not sure if it's because we're on the beta program or not):
We just got it tonight as well. We're definitely not on the beta program.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

eblood66 wrote:We just got it tonight as well. We're definitely not on the beta program.
Because my ward is now part of a brand new stake, I wonder if we are no longer registered as a beta stake by default...?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mkmurray wrote:Because my ward is now part of a brand new stake, I wonder if we are no longer registered as a beta stake by default...?
I would think not. If you wanted to continue the excitement, I believe the stake president in your new stake would need to request that you rejoin the beta program.
tregis

Post by tregis »

We just got it last night as well, unfortunately I and the stake exec sec, ( I'm the Stake Clerk) had been erased from CDOL. I had to re enter both of us to get things corrected on my end.
Hopefully, this version will fix a lot of things.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”