Tithe & Fast Offerings payors

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
carlscpa

Tithe & Fast Offerings payors

Post by carlscpa »

The stake president wants each ward to determine the number of families paying tithing and/or fast offerings this year. He does not want names, only numbers.
I can determine the fast offerings payors by running an Income and Expense Detail report and then sort on last names which are now grouped by families.
I have not come up with a way to count family tithe payors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Carl wrote:The stake president wants each ward to determine the number of families paying tithing and/or fast offerings this year. He does not want names, only numbers.
I can determine the fast offerings payors by running an Income and Expense Detail report and then sort on last names which are now grouped by families.
I have not come up with a way to count family tithe payors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The same technique you are using for the Fast Offering category would also work for the Tithing category -- just run an Income and Expense Detail report for Tithing.
carlscpa

Tithe & Fast Offerings

Post by carlscpa »

Thank you for your timely and accurate reply. As usual, it was right on. This is a great resource.
greggo

Post by greggo »

Of course, the ward clerks would need to know to which family each individual donor belongs. As you know, multiple families can have the same last name, and sometimes those in the same family have different last names.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”