IT Director of Operations Position

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
rmconfidential-p40

IT Director of Operations Position

Post by rmconfidential-p40 »

Can anyone comment on the newly posted IT Director of Operations position - relating to the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)?

The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a set of concepts and policies for managing information technology (IT) infrastructure, development and operations.

Anyone know how far along the Church is in implementing ITIL best practices? Just getting started? Or v.2 migrating to v.3 with a few years behind them?

As the former director of North American IT Operations for the Brink's Inc. company - I can tell you that ITIL is well worth the efforts.... but lots of effort required!
irwinjt-p40

Current LDS Church ITIL position

Post by irwinjt-p40 »

Hey,

My name is John Irwin and I work in the Service Management Office (SMO) that is working on the ITIL transformation. We have several processes that range in maturity from a .5 to a 2.6 (on a 5 scale similar to Gartner Maturity Model.) HP performed an assessment and the SMO are currently working on 3 year plan to bring the maturity of 13 internally identified processes to a 3 on that same scale. We are implementing a series of processes that are based on ITIL v3.

I hope that this helps.

John Irwin

Return to “Technical Recruiting”