LDS Account freeze-up?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
dmaynes

LDS Account freeze-up?

Post by dmaynes »

I haven't been able to sign into the LUWS for more than an hour. The problem appears to be related to signing in to the LDS Account. For a while, the LDS Account maintenance pages wouldn't come up. They come up now, but there still seems to be a connection problem. For example, if you click on "Forgot Password" the e-mail cannot be sent.

The direct problem appears when you attempt to login to the LUWS. The username and password are not recognized. (I have rechecked my username and password and tried both IE and Firefox and two different machines.)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dmaynes wrote:I haven't been able to sign into the LUWS for more than an hour. The problem appears to be related to signing in to the LDS Account. For a while, the LDS Account maintenance pages wouldn't come up. They come up now, but there still seems to be a connection problem. For example, if you click on "Forgot Password" the e-mail cannot be sent.

The direct problem appears when you attempt to login to the LUWS. The username and password are not recognized. (I have rechecked my username and password and tried both IE and Firefox and two different machines.)
You're not alone. I can't login, either, and I've seen other similar reports. I've also had problems accessing other Church sites at times this morning.

So I think we just have to be patient. I'm sure it's being worked on.
LakeyTW

Post by LakeyTW »

Several applications are currently down or partially down. Church employees are working to recover these applications.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Last night at 9:18pm MDT, there was a major power "bump" felt over many counties in Utah. This morning they reported a fire from equipment failure at a Salt Lake City substation caused the outage. Although power was restored a short time later, many of the lds.org family of websites remained unavailable on the I'net until late this morning. As lakeytw reported, it appears they are still working on getting everything restored.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

Mikerowaved wrote:As lakeytw reported, it appears they are still working on getting everything restored.
At 11:25 am - I can sign in to the LUWS now. The "forgot password" e-mail still fails to send.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”