Scriptures on PSP

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
deadman walking-p40

Scriptures on PSP

Post by deadman walking-p40 »

is it currently possible to play the scriptures diectly from lds.org on a psp? i can get into the church website with my psp but i can only seem to download the scriptures at the moment:)
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

deadman walking wrote:is it currently possible to play the scriptures diectly from lds.org on a psp? i can get into the church website with my psp but i can only seem to download the scriptures at the moment:)
Welcome to the forum! Let's slow down a bit and make sure we're clear on some terms. First of all, by "psp", are you referring to a PlayStation Portable? When you say "play the scriptures" do you mean an audio narration of the scriptures? Have you tried the "Listen" button (upper-left on page) on scriptures.lds.org?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
deadman walking-p40

thanks for the welcome. yes i mean a sony playstation portable.i can left click on say chapter 1 Mosiah on my laptop and this will allow me to listen to the audio reading of the scripture without downloading it,however this does not appear to work on the psp.:confused:
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Please forgive me, I'm not all that familiar with the PSP, but I think I see a possible problem. If you are at scriptures.lds.org and open the scriptures to a particular section and click LISTEN, you are normally presented with a pop-up that contains 2 things; one is a link to the specific MP3 file for downloading (which I think you see), and the other is a mini-Windows Media Player panel that has the audio streaming through it. If you don't see the WMP panel, then you don't have WMP capability built into your browser.

I know the PSP has the capability of running a version of IE for the PSP. By chance are you using that or the built-in browser?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
deadman walking-p40

i am running the built in browser:)
deadman walking-p40

the online audio version was the one i was looking for but that link was reallyn usefull as well thanks:)

Return to “Clerk Computers”