TES and MLS syncronization

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

TES and MLS syncronization

Post by drepouille »

A sister's temple recommend expired in Jan 2008. It was renewed in May 2008.

I believe it was renewed via the TES web site
https://apps.lds.org/tes/security/login.jsf

The TES web site confirms that the TR is active, and was issued in May 2008.

MLS, however, still shows an expiration date of Jan 2008.
Please tell me we don't have to go through all our yellow copies for the
past year or two and verify they were updated in MLS. Ugh.

Thanks,
Dana in Council Bluffs

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Dana.Repouille wrote:A sister's temple recommend expired in Jan 2008. It was renewed in May 2008.

I believe it was renewed via the TES web site
https://apps.lds.org/tes/security/login.jsf

The TES web site confirms that the TR is active, and was issued in May 2008.

MLS, however, still shows an expiration date of Jan 2008.
Please tell me we don't have to go through all our yellow copies for the
past year or two and verify they were updated in MLS. Ugh.
Our stake presidency frequently activates temple recommends using TES, and we've never had this problem. The recommends show up in MLS when we do a Send/Receive a few hours later.

But we (the assistant stake clerks) do eventually gather the yellow copies and make sure they appear on the Activation Report. That seems prudent, even if you did it in MLS.

We are supposed to keep the yellow copies for 30 days, and then shred them, so you shouldn't have very many to sift through (but it sounds like you're not following that part of the instructions). But since you are supposed to shred them, it seems that you should have a system for making sure the recommends are properly activated before you shred them. We staple the recommends to the activation report and file them by date. That makes it easy to locate the recommends that were activated more than 30 days ago and shred them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Based on Alan's response, you might want to make sure that recommend got associated to the right member since it's not showing up in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I would sample a few more, then call the help desk if there is a bigger problem.

It is difficult (but not impossible) to associate the recommend to the wrong person, because the MR number is involved. If that has happened, then two folks' recommends would need fixing.

Return to “Membership Help”