MLS 3.0: Transfer Policy Change?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dannykos

MLS 3.0: Transfer Policy Change?

Post by dannykos »

So - as we've all known before, you can't do an electronic transfer of funds between 'other' and 'budget' categories. We'll, tonight - I just tried to do a transfer of funds in an 'other' category - and it listed all the budget categories too. I successfully transferred £400 from 'Other - Youth Temple Trips' to Budget - YM Activities (£200) - and Budget - YW Activities (£200). I did a send/receive - and checked afterwards - and all seems to have gone through ok?

There's nothing in the release notes about this - and it seems to be a fairly major feature/policy change, to not even mention it?!

Can anyone else confirm?
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

This was a bug in the release last weekend and is being fixed in a release this weekend. I would advise to not transfer the funds even if you can because I am not sure that the fix will clean up the transfers, but only stop them from happening.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

it's ok - I wanted to do the transfer anyhow… saves having to fill out another form - and post it off, and wait etc…etc… nice :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dannykos wrote:it's ok - I wanted to do the transfer anyhow… saves having to fill out another form - and post it off, and wait etc…etc… nice :)
I think DJC is trying to warn you that the MLS side of the transfer may appear to work, but the actual transfer at the administration office will not. That's why they need to patch MLS so that it once again won't allow cross-category transfers.

I'd advise you to check with the administration office and see if the funds have been transferred on their end. If not, you'll need to reverse the MLS transfer you did and then redo it the old-fashioned way -- by writing a check to the unit from the source category and depositing the check into the destination category.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:I'd advise you to check with the administration office and see if the funds have been transferred on their end. If not, you'll need to reverse the MLS transfer you did and then redo it the old-fashioned way --
And I would suggest that you do this quickly, before they "fix" MLS and you can't reverse the transfer. [grin]
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

lajackson wrote:And I would suggest that you do this quickly, before they "fix" MLS and you can't reverse the transfer. [grin]
Really, really quick...as MLS 3.0.1 has been released today:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.ph ... #post31388
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

Thanks for the responses. Over here - we're requested to use a form which we complete and send off, to initiate inter-top level transfers, rather than writing a cheque…
I think I might just do any other transfers I need to - and then let the 3.0.1 come down - and see where I am after that :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dannykos wrote:I think I might just do any other transfers I need to - and then let the 3.0.1 come down - and see where I am after that :)
That's assuming the transfers actually work. They may look OK in MLS, but did they really take place? And what about your audit? Is it going to mess that up?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

dannykos wrote:I think I might just do any other transfers I need to - and then let the 3.0.1 come down - and see where I am after that :)
That's twice now that you've made the same comment about taking advantage of this bug before MLS no longer allows it again. But you are not heeding the warnings being given. Just because the software seemingly allowed the transfer, doesn't mean it will actually go through or get approved within the servers at Church Headquarters. When you download MLS 3.0.1, the bug will be fixed and you could have an even bigger mess to clean up than you started with.

I urge you to reread the cautions being given and reconsider your plan.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I can confirm the bug is fixed in 3.0.1.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”